Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need the info box to open when I click the “Focus on map” button

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Need the info box to open when I click the "Focus on map" button

Solution:
You can use the special class name to target the specific marker popup to open it with click on related link.

js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-{mapid}-marker-marker-[wpv-post-id]

Where:
- Replace {mapid} with your original mapid.

For example:

<a href="#" class="js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-map-1-marker-marker-[wpv-post-id]" data-map="map-1" data-marker="marker-[wpv-post-id]">FIND ON MAP</a>

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/need-the-info-box-to-open-when-i-click-the-focus-on-map-button/#post-917892

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Akhil 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Use the Focus on map functionality to jump to the relevant pin on the map

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: The pin with the infobox open

Instead, I got: The pin with the infobox closed

On my link please click on "find on map" button next to each result

Thanx

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - Could you please add following code to display your FIND ON MAP link and check if this help you to resolve your issue:

<a href="#" class="js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-map-1-marker-marker-[wpv-post-id]" data-map="map-1" data-marker="marker-[wpv-post-id]">FIND ON MAP</a>

Hi, thanx so much but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Actually a heve the same problem here hidden link and the code I used was exactly the one you sent me - with the post id added to the calss. Still no popup infobox on click 🙁

Minesh
Supporter

well - I need to check why its not working - could you please share access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thank you but all this, it is not possible. The site is big, it is live, people are working on it and I can not afford to lose any settings from a possible plugin de-activation. Thanx for offering, but it is risky. If you have any ideas as is, they are welcome.
In any case, thanx for your time.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - if possible, please create a staging site which should be 1:1 copy of your live site and share access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

You mean an exact copy with lets say duplicator? No, again, cannot do that. It is too big, I have to set up a new server installation... It is too much. Sorry, but I can not support all this. Never mind. I'll see what I can do. Thanx

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I am here to help you if you have staging site otherwise feel free to close the ticket. 🙂

Have a nice day!! 🙂

thanx, take care

Hi katerinaA , just sharing,

I have the same concern and issue before too. what you could do it setup a staging site using this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-staging/ dont use the pro version cause thats updating to live site.

once created you'll have staging site at hidden link .

Log in and delete all those unrelated items and use as your testing site. once done you can manually update to live site. this way your live site is safe from others intervation. good luck.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.