Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need help with Data-Dependent Display Filters

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by leonardM-2 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 3.29.40 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 3.28.38 pm.png

I am trying to use the "data-dependent display filters" in the backend to make one field dependent on other custom fields in the admin area.

Parent Field slug: wall-next-to-shower-channel Type: Multiple Checkboxes. options (Left, Right, Rear, None)

Child Field slug: wall-tile-thickness Type: Multiple checkboxes

Situation: Display the child field only when an admin chooses the "None" option of the parent field. ( In custom post admin area)

I read that it's not possible to use data-dependent display filters with multiple checkboxes. I am not sure how old that article was so wondering if you can help with that.
I can't use select/dropdown fields which by default works with this data-dependent option.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Here is the official Doc that shows how you can add the custom field conditional display in the back-end:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/custom-fields-conditional-display/

But, yes, if you are using checkboxes field there is no way to setup the conditional display as mentioned with our doc:

Please note that there are few types of post fields you cannot use as conditions for showing other fields. These fields include the Embedded Media, File Fields (Audio, Video, Image and File Upload field), Multiple Checkboxes field, and a WYSIWYG Text Area field. Additionally, repeating fields also cannot be used as conditions for showing other fields.

So, this is limitation by design and not supported.

I already understand the limitation. But I am wondering if there is some workaround to deal the situation?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I'm afraid that I do not have any workaround to share as the feature is not naively supported.

Maybe you need to add some custom JS code to show/hide the fields as per your requirement but for that either you need to write that custom JS code or you can hire one of our certified partners.
=> https://toolset.com/contractors/

that's not the solution. In fact, it's not even a workaround the issue or even helps. Try to put some efforts to ask about your client's situations and predict alternate solutions to them.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.