Skip Navigation

[Closed] need help to my View setting

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Dear Sir/Madam,

I think I have not yet built the site with Toolset for long time, I was quite familiar with Views, I think Views is a bit outdated now, may I know which plugins replace the Views? Can I convert my existing Views to this new plugins?

I tried the block but I don't know how I can get the custom field from other plugins? Please advise.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 4.22.58 PM.png

How I can do the same like query filter, offset, ordering in the new plugins?

I think Views is a bit outdated now, may I know which plugins replace the Views?
Hello, the new plugin Toolset Blocks will replace the old plugin Toolset Views. No other plugin changes are required to use the Toolset Blocks plugin, however, Content Templates created using Toolset Blocks will override Template Layouts created using Toolset Layouts. For that reason, we recommend you do not use Toolset Blocks and Toolset Layouts together. Pick one or the other for creating your post templates and archive templates.

Right now, Toolset Views and Toolset Blocks plugins are identical but different settings are chosen by default. In Toolset > Settings > General, you will find a setting for Editing Experience. In Toolset Blocks, the Block Editor is chosen by default. In Toolset Views, the classic legacy experience is chosen by default. Other than that, the two plugins are identical.

Right now, some features supported in Views created in the legacy builder are not supported in Views created in the Blocks editor. For example, you cannot create a View of Users or a View of taxonomy terms in the Block Editor. These types of Views must be created in the legacy Views editor. Also, you cannot create nested Views in the Blocks editor. Right now, you must create nested Views in the legacy Views editor and insert them in other Views using shortcodes. Another limitation for more advanced Views users is you cannot apply shortcode attributes to a View created in the Blocks Editor unless you place that View elsewhere on the site using a shortcode.

Can I convert my existing Views to this new plugins?
You may recreate existing Views in the Block Editor if you want to but it is not required, and as I mentioned before, some things are not currently possible in the Blocks Editor. There is no automatic conversion tool that will convert existing Views created in the legacy editor to Views created in the Block Editor. The Views must be recreated manually if you want to do this.

I tried the block but I don't know how I can get the custom field from other plugins? Please advise.
Can you be more specific please? There are many blocks. Which block did you try? How do you want to use custom fields from other plugins in this block? If you can provide screenshots please include those in your next reply.

How I can do the same like query filter, offset, ordering in the new plugins?
If you are creating a View in the Block Editor, you can find these options in the right column when you select the top level View block. An easy way to select the top-level View block is to use the Blocks Navigation menu as shown in the blocks-navigation.png screenshot. The Blocks Navigation menu looks like 3 stair steps, and it is usually at the top of the page in the Block Editor.

The topic ‘[Closed] need help to my View setting’ is closed to new replies.