Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need help to build search for classified site with taxonomy /post relationship

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author
Screenshot_1.png

Hello.
I built classified site. hidden link (i can send access if need).

Listings have 4 categorires.
- Category 1
- Category 2
- Category 3
- Caregory 4

And also Area/Country and Make/Model selects - which i create as CPT with one to many relashionships.

Area - Country as Parent.
Country - Listing as Child.
Make - Model as Parent.
Model - Listing as Parent.

I need to connect for taxonomy:
1. Choose Category - and show just related Make inside select (model has connection as child of make)

2. Connections beetwen relashiopships filter. As i know it works just for one:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/using-multiple-post-relationship-filters-in-custom-search/
But as you see i need it for 2 options.

So how can i realize system which we need right now?

P.S. also i'm trying to realize range for custom fields "from_min" - "to_max" - like at tha screen.

I would be very grateful for your help. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 12.38.57 PM.png

1. Choose Category - and show just related Make inside select (model has connection as child of make)
The only way to do this is to choose the option "Show only available options for each input" as described here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/advanced-settings-custom-search/#dependent-parametric-search

Connections beetwen relashiopships filter. As i know it works just for one...But as you see i need it for 2 options.
This isn't possible in the current software, only one post relationship filter can be added. We have a feature request to add this ability, and you can add your vote here https://toolset.com/feature-request/?wpv_post_search=Allow%20to%20filter%20by%20several%20relationships%20in%20Front%20End%20Filters&wpv-wpcf-plugins=Views&wpv_sort_orderby=post_date&wpv_sort_orderby_as=string&wpv_view_count=686737

P.S. also i'm trying to realize range for custom fields "from_min" - "to_max" - like at tha screen.
When you configure the custom search filters you can choose the comparison option "between", which will give you the ability to filter with max and min values. See the attached screenshot.

Screenshot_2.png

Hello.
Thanks for reply. I know this option of course and tried to use it, but when i'm choosing to show just aviable options , relashionship field (from CPT) - stop to work.
And also i know that filter in relashioship working just fot one. That's why my question was - how to realize search with such options with toolset for listing site. . Maybe it's possible if i will rebuilt all relashionshiped CPT to taxonomy, or some custom php? I just have to build this type of serching. Hope to any advices.

P.S. for max-min options i already did it, but is it possible to use range type instead of 2 inputs?

Thanks,
Aviva

Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_3.png

Also taxonomy seacrh doesn't work correctly.

I have items for all, but when choosing - no items found.

Maybe it's possible if i will rebuilt all relashionshiped CPT to taxonomy, or some custom php?
You can add multiple taxonomy filters to the same View, so rebuilding post relationships with taxonomies might work. However, you must create separate taxonomies for each filter field: Areas, Countries, Makes and Models. This is the only way you can include separate filter inputs for each filter. Otherwise, Areas/Countries will be shown in the same field, and Makes/Models will be shown in the same field.

As you add more filters and complexity to a View, the performance of "Show only available options for each input" can become slower when a site has a large number of posts. On very large sites, this option isn't practical.

for max-min options i already did it, but is it possible to use range type instead of 2 inputs?
The filter types we offer are:
- alphanumeric input
- select
- radio
- checkboxes
There isn't a range slider built-in to Toolset, but some other Toolset users have implemented their own range slider filters with custom JavaScript and CSS. There are several other tickets in the forum that talk about range sliders, but customizing filters is outside the scope of support we provide here so most of the modifications would be your responsibility. Here's another ticket that includes some code samples:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/range-slider-of-custom-field/

Cristian, thanks for you help.

I will try to rebuild everything to taxonomies, but it will be big site - so i have to check how it will work and find the best way.
I will be back in several (2-3) days after getting results with taxonomies.

What about range - thanks for releavant link, i'll do my custom code 🙂

Thanks, I will stand by for your update.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.