Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need Help in Displaying Sibling Pages

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.96 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vijayaK 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I want to display brother pages and tried to follow guide from wp types but failed to get output.

My Parent - WordPress Post default
My Child - Entries (CPT)

I successfully displayed all child entries in parent post using views. I want to display lost of sibling entries belong my default viewing entry post.

I created 2 content templates -->
Alt Parent:
[wpv-view name="list-sibling"]

Alt Child:
[wpv-post-body view_template="alt-parent" id="$post"]

and 1 View -- List Sibling
Content Selection - Entries
Post parent filter- Select posts whose parent is the current post in the loop.
Just have - [wpv-post-link]

I have custom content template for entries as follows,

[wpv-post-body view_template="None"]

[wpv-post-body view_template="alt-parent"]

Output:
Child content
No Items Found.

Kindly help me to display brother entries for my project.

Thanks,
Jai

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum. I will be more than happy to assist you with this issue.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look? I also need a link to the view as well as the page where you are currently testing this.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jai,

Thank you for the patience, It seems that the issue was the filter. It seems you added the Post Parent filter and not the Post Relationship filter since you are listing what are essentially brother/sister posts correct?

The view should now be working.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

The view is working but it list all the entries. I need Siblings/brothers but it just get me whole population.

Kindly check any Post (which is my parent) where child are already there. When you click respective child you can notice it just fetch all of my entries child.

Hope you can resolve it.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I did some adjustments to the view and it should now be working.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you very much everything is fine now.

btw, what is adjustment made I couldnt figure it out.

Hai Shane,

I changed my theme to Newspaper and Content temples was not working. I registered the function get_content and I can able to see content templates are working but the Sibling/Brother pages are showing as No items found.

When I change theme it is working fine but the same views is giving no result for Newspaper themes.

Check any CPT named Entries.

Thanks in advance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.