Skip Navigation

[Resolved] My site is loading very slowly

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Amin 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have a site that has a lot of records. I'm using parametric search to load only certain subsets of records. However, the site is loading super slow.

Can you please check and let me know how to increase the loading speed?

Here's an example of a search page that loads very slowly: hidden link

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

In general, performance obviously affects the site speed when you have the number of filters added to the custom search. One aspect is how much content you have BUT it depends also on your server configuration (memory, cashing) as well as the number of other factors such as how complex your data structure is and how powerful your server resources are.

However - I checked the URL you shared and I can see it takes around 1.3 to 1.5 seconds to load the page:
=> hidden link

As you did not share the debug information with me, can you please make sure that:
- you are using latest WordPress version
- you are using latest Toolset + other addon plugins
- you are using latest PHP+MySQL version

Could you please activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and send me possible errors for review. In addition to that, you can also enable the error logs and send me any possible errors for review:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging

Here is the article on how you can use the parametric search with large data.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-use-views-parametric-search-on-large-sites/

Hi Minesh.

When I filled out the support request, it did not ask for debug info (which I found strange).

I've edited my config.php file with the error logging code, but there's no errors being logged.

Also, are you sure you were able to load the page (hidden link) in 1.5 seconds? It takes me more than 60 seconds before it loads.

Also, can you tell me what (if any) is the limit to the number of records that Toolset can handle?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Yes - I checked with my colleague as well and for him the page is loaded in 3.96s
=> hidden link

Please check the screenshot from my computer: hidden link

Also, can you tell me what (if any) is the limit to the number of records that Toolset can handle?
==>
I do not have any definite number to share but Loading a heavy amount of content is always costly, we always ask customers to add pagination to their view to reducing the load to the server.

I was able to solve the issue. I had a dropdown in the search that was pulling values from the database. Once I removed that dropdown search the page loads fast now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.