Skip Navigation

[Resolved] My Lifetime membership has been converted to an Agency membership

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Your account will expire on 'xxx' and you will no longer be able to download Toolset or receive support. I take it our life membership was stripped as well?

I have asked our account team to investigate this and I will provide an update tomorrow.

Hi, the accounting team replied to my request and gave me some information to pass along. According to our records, the account associated with your profile was not begun as a Lifetime account. Signup was on August 29, 2015, at which time a Views account was purchased. On August 28, 2017, renewal was purchased for this Views account for another year.

Views accounts are no longer available, and we have migrated/upgraded all those old accounts to Agency accounts at no charge. At the time of this change there was a newsletter sent to all clients that would be affected by this change. You now have an Agency account valid until August 28, 2019. The available options are:
- Renew your yearly Agency account with a cost of $111
- Let your current account expire and purchase one of the current options from the buy page https://toolset.com/buy/ Those options are currently (per year):
-- Toolset Presentation $69
-- Toolset Interactive $149
-- Toolset Agency $299

Thanks for the clarification. While I agree that the "account associated with your profile was not begun as a Lifetime account", the actual terms were that it would convert to lifetime once $x dollars were received by you through renewals. This applied only to those original premium purchasers who needed registration of unlimited sites. As I recall, the newsletter and all the fallout was for those individuals working with the 'free' version of Types, of which was termintated. That didn't apply to me.

Thanks, I'm relaying your feedback and will let you know what I find out.

Unfortunately our account team has informed me that there was no program like the one you described, where yearly accounts would be upgraded to lifetime accounts automatically based on renewal purchase. Until last year, it was possible to purchase an upgrade to Lifetime by paying the difference between accounts. However, yearly renewal payments did not automatically result in an upgrade to Lifetime accounts. Perhaps that is the source of confusion.
https://toolset.com/2018/04/changes-to-the-way-we-take-payment-for-toolset/
https://toolset.com/2017/01/new-pricing-for-toolset-offering-lower-entry-point/

Yes, now I recall all the controversy. Here is the U.S., changing terms mid-stream is called 'bait & switch'. Because it's highly illegal and prosecutable, U.S. companies must maintain better business ethics. You may close this thread. All their early users like me, knew we were dealing with an oversees company where this practice, is unfortunately all too common. To me, the plugin(s) are well worth the aggravation (irregardless of how they choose to portray themselves to the world).

Closing per your request.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.