Skip Navigation

[Resolved] My CRED Edit Links Lead Me Back To The Post (no form displayed)

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to use a Forms edit post link to edit a post, but it am simply redirected back to the post and no Form is displayed.

Solution: When using Elementor templates, the template must include a post body widget. Otherwise the edit post form will not be displayed.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.23 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ed 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Ed

I've added a CRED Edit link to a custom post type. I've added the form the the content template.

When I click the Edit This link, the page just reloads, without any form being displayed.

Hi, can you tell me more about how you added the Edit Post Link? Did you insert a shortcode? If so, can you copy + paste the shortcode here for me to review?

Ed

Thanks, Christian. Here's the shortcode:

[toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='edit-home-listing-template' target='blank']Edit %%POST_TITLE%%[/toolset-edit-post-link]

Same, whether I choose same window or new window.

Have you applied an Elementor Pro template to this post type? If so, does it include the post content element?

Ed

Yes, I have. Yes, it does.

May I log in to your wp-admin area and see how this is set up? Please let me know:
1. Which post are you trying to edit
2. How to find the edit post link on the front-end of your site

Okay I see a lot of plugins and a custom theme here, so let's try to rule those out as a source of conflict. Please temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Nineteen, deactivate all plugins except Elementor, Elementor Pro, and Toolset. If you need to activate a Maintenance Mode plugin during testing, that's fine. Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns. If the problem is not resolved, I would like to make a clone of your site using the Duplicator plugin to investigate without breaking your site.

Ed

No change. Have at it.

I made a clone of the site and tried to isolate the problem, and it looks like something is corrupted in this Form. To fix it, I just edited the Form and resaved it, and now the Form appears as expected. Not sure exactly what happened there, but after I resaved the Form it started showing up in the Post Content area. I made the same adjustment on your site, and added the Post Content element to the template here: hidden link
Now the Form is showing up on the page here: hidden link

So I think the issue was just the Form needed to be resaved. Can you confirm it's working more like expected now?

Ed

Two more things...

1. The site is not a production site. I can make a backup and you can do what you need to do. Just let me know.

2. Can you PLEASE edit the title of this post, from "...CREDE..." to "...CRED..."?

Sure, I have the ability to edit the title once the ticket is resolved. I'll be sure to change it. Thanks for the reminder.

Ed

You don't know how crazy it was driving me. Thank you!

I guess I'm going to have to create a new form, if I want one automatically generated (with all the fields), right?

Yes that's probably the fastest way to regenerate the full Form. I would create a new one.

Ed

Was working. Now it isn't. Between those two Elementor templates, whichever one we can get working, I want to use on all listings.

I added the Post Content element back. Now it works. Do not remove the Post Content element again, or the Form will not show up.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.