Skip Navigation

[Resolved] My CRED form does not show Red mark for Mandatory fields

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How can I show on my CRED Form, before a User submits it, that some fields are required?

Solution:
Required Fields are not marked as such before submit by default in CRED.
The validation is a PHP action and that requires you submit the field before it gets validated, and that is when you will see what fields are required.

You can though add any Custom HTML and CSS to your forms, this is why they do not show as standard the things you mention, so you can customise it as you want and do not need to overwrite native styles.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/styling-cred-forms/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vijayB-4 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: create a form for collecting Entries

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: Red * marks or any other field to denote mandatory Fields

Instead, I got: No way to identify mandatory fields

Required Fields are not marked as such before submit.
The validation is a PHP action and that requires you submit the field before it gets validated, and that is when you will see what fields are required.

You can though add any Custom HTML and CSS to your forms, this is why they do not show as standard the things you mention, so you can customise it as you want and do not need to overwrite native styles.

This is the guide on how to style CRED Forms:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/styling-cred-forms/

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.