Skip Navigation

[Resolved] My CRED Edit Links Lead Me Back To The Post (no form displayed)

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Using the Beaver Themer:
1. Create a new Themer Layout “Singular” type for all posts (you will need to add at least a Text Cell to this Themer Layout)
2. Create a Toolset form that edits posts
3. Create a content template and insert the Toolset form
4. Try to edit a post at yoursite.com/path/to/post/?content-template-id=12345
5. Beaver Themer Layout overrides our Content Template and no Toolset form is shown

Solution:
While we are in contact with the Beaver Builder/Themer about this issue, Toolset Developers right now need to focus on Gutenberg integration.

We recommend to use Gutenberg Plugin with Toolset - and Beaver Thhemer is not an integrated software.

The ToolsetDevelopers will - this depends on many factors - maybe iterate this above issue with the Beaver Themer in future again, however it is not a priority at the moment.

Beaver Builder is supported BTW, but not the Beaver Themer

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by chuckH 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

###
It looks like the original ticket #1301789 has been closed, so I am opening another one per the instructions.
###
Hello,

I am trying to:
Create form for editing content.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
After adding [edit post link], I expect to click the link and see post edit form, but no form appears -- just the original post.

I already reviewed the documentation here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/

I already reviewed the closed ticket here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/my-crede-edit-links-lead-me-back-to-the-post-no-form-displayed/

I am using Beaver Builder with Post Content module.

Thank you for your assistance.

I cannot see the Edit Link is inserted either in the Body of the post or any related template.
Hence the link cannot know what post to edit, if it's not in the post, I assume this is the issue.

Where did you insert the link to edit the post?
Is that a header or other template?
I'd suggest adding the edit link to the post itself (usually, at the bottom after the content, or anywhere else, in a Content Template for example applied to the single post...)

However, I also see you use the Beaver Themer, and that plugin is not integrated with Toolset.
With the Beaver Themer, there is a known issue, as follows.
1. Create a new Themer Layout “Singular” type for all posts (you will need to add at least a Text Cell to this Themer Layout)
2. Create a Toolset form that edits posts
3. Create a content template and insert the Toolset form
4. Try to edit a post at yoursite.com/path/to/post/?content-template-id=12345
5. Beaver Themer Layout overrides our Content Template and no Toolset form is shown

For that, we are in contact with the Beaver Builder/Themer Developers, but Toolset Developers right now need to focus on Gutenberg integration.
We recommend to use that Plugin and will - this depends on many factors - maybe iterate this above issue with the Themer in future again, however it is not a support plugin for the moment being.

Beaver Builder is, but not the Themer

Eventually, this is the exact issue you report, please let me know

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.