Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multisite & Types

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by beatR 11 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

I want to use types for a multisite network setup, so I want to be able to create post types once, and then use them on all other sub sites. I tried to fiddle with the plugin, but it seems that I have to define the type on all sub sites independently.

Is this correct?

Regards,
Joost.

Hi Joost,

This is correct, you have to define the type on all sub sites independently.

Regards
Luo

@joost, have you found a better solution? I don't think defining all types on all sub sites will work for me. How would you I handle updates in your types? Can you add a new sub site easily?
Regards,

In the end I chose to add the custom post types manually. I made a generic function that made that quite easy (one line of code per cpt). Fortunately, our environment is very restricted. We only have one allowed template, and we control when and how new subsites are created. For our situation this was by far the best solution.

Try New Blogs Template from WPMU Dev. It does not give a lot of granularity, but it may solve this issue. I was experimenting with Pods and it replicated the Pods CSTs

Create a directory in wp-content called multi-site and drop your uncompressed plugins there. It makes them global.

Search for that thread at wpmudev.org

@bradley - this would be awesome. but wpmudev.org needs registration with creditcard...

can you elaborate what additionally is necessary to make this work? Only dropping the plugins into multi-site does not do the trick...

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.