Skip Navigation

[Resolved] multiple select fields

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Edit_Group_‹_Blue_Blood_Bias_—_WordPress_-_2016-12-04_14.43.06.png
Edit_Match_‹_Blue_Blood_Bias_—_WordPress_-_2016-12-04_14.41.28.png

I am trying to: duplicate select fields

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: W

Instead, I got:

I created a post field group called "Working Field Group" inside that group I created a select box with 11 options and called that field "player working copy".

Then I created another group called "starting players" I added the "player working copy" field and changed the name and id to "player-1". i then added another instance of "player working copy" and changed name and id to "player-2". I repeated this process 11 times.

My custom post type creation page shows all 11 select boxes as I expected. If I save the post and check the frontend all 11 fields are populated correctly. However in the admin the post page only shows one of the select boxes with a selection, all other selection went back to "not set". So if I save the page again the front end only shows one field as being selected..

What did I do wrong?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This looks like usability issue. Could you please try to add one more option to your select fields - something like "please select one option" and set this option as deafult option and then try to check once you set default option you have desired results.

Thank you Minesh. Unfortunately the outcome is the same. Only now instead of all fields (other than the first which remembers the correct selection) reading "not set" they default to "select player" which was set as the default.

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I checked on the page:
=> hidden link

I can see the number of select boxes loaded with correct values with above page. Do I need to perform any action yet?

reverted-selections-after-save.png
set-selections.png

Yes
Please either edit or create a match. Using the Starting Lineup dropdowns select 11 players. Save the match. 10 of the dropdowns have reverted to default options, selected options are not returned in the admin. If you save again without touching anything the original selections are lost

After saving the match the info is saved in the database, if you go to the frontend all data is present but if you go back into the edit page the selections are gone.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - this is really strange.

I can see issue on your site but when I tried on my localhost with same kind of setup I do not able to reproduce this issue.

Then I export your types settings and import to my test site so I will have EXACT setup like you but still I do not able to reproduce this issue. There is no error as well so we can track the things - really strange.

You can check this Video that showing that its working with my test install with same setup.
=> hidden link

Now, What I suggest:
- Update your memory limit for server
- Update your max_input_vars for your server
- Check with another server or local test server with same setup

Thanks
I've set the following and verified the settings in a phpinfo file:
max_input_time = 5000
memory_limit = 512M

Still no change. I can run it locally to test but that's of no use. You've done it and it works. Ant other server settings that might cause the issue?
Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

I think you missed following thing:
- Update your max_input_vars for your server
=> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10303714/php-max-input-vars

Yes - the thing is that I do not get any other PHP error as well. Could you please activate server logs and then check if you see any errors:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/
[Section: "PHP Debugging"]

Sorry I forgot to move all to stg. I had updated www
stg .htaccess now looks like this. checking a php info file the changes are in place.
php_value memory_limit 512M
php_value max_execution_time 120
php_value max_input_vars 5274
php_value suhosin.get.max_vars 5000
php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 5000
php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 5000

No errors in the server data logs. I've set up debugging but see no issues , but that's in the front only correct.

I've also deactivated all other post field groups but no change

Minesh
Supporter

As I can see you are using 'LiteSpeed' server - I suggest you should check your LiteSpeed server cache or try with apache or contact LiteSpeed server authority if they may help you with this issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.