Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multiple instances / repeating fields: Only the last instance added is saved

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Ole
bug-with-multi-instances.jpg

I am trying to: Add multiple intances of a custom field in a CPT and save them (save/update post).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: ... that they are saved

Instead, I got: Only the last instance added was saved. All previously added instances are gone.

Hi, it looks like a compatibility problem with the Enar theme. Can you confirm by following these steps?
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types.
- Activate the default Twenty Seventeen theme and try again.
- If the problem is resolved, reactivate the parent Enar theme and try again.

If the multiple image upload works with Twenty Seventeen and does not work with the parent Enar theme, this will confirm my suspicion. Please let me know the results.

Ole

Yes, you were right.
Deactivating all other plugins didn't fix the problem.
Switching to Twentyseventeen solved it. I was able to set multiple instances für various custom fields.
When I switched back to Enar, these newly added fields were still there and disappeared when I updated the post.
I hope, you can fix this issue!
Thank you and happy new year!

Thanks, I will escalate this issue to my 2nd tier support team for further investigation. Sometimes these compatibility issues require coordination with theme authors, which can take some time. I'll update you as soon as I have additional information to share.

Hi, my 2nd tier team reports that the issue seems to be in the Enar theme. The issue happens in ..\themes\enar\theme-admin\demo\importer\radium-importer.php line 122

add_filter( 'add_post_metadata', array( $this, 'check_previous_meta' ), 10, 5 ); 

The function (check_previous_meta) returns false which causes the issue. Multiple images are saved as expected when this filter is removed.

With that information in mind, I recommend reaching out to the Enar theme authors to let them know you are experiencing a compatibility issue with Toolset Types. This can help get the collaboration process running faster, since they are more likely to respond to a paying customer than another developer. Our team will try to contact them as well, and hopefully we can collaborate on an acceptable solution. Thanks for your patience while we work to get this problem resolved in the best possible way.

Hi, our team is trying to follow up on all open compatibility issues and we are unable to contact the authors of the Enar theme. Do you have a current contact email address we can use to reach out to their team?

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.