Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multiple Instances of Custom Field

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
hidden link
I have a custom post Type (JSON Feed) where I input the values in a single custom field, Hazard ID & parent ID. Using twig and a 3rd party plugin, I'm trying to access the multiple instances of those single custom fields. But it is only able to access one pair.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
This looks like it might be a similar issue.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/dynamic-code-for-multiple-instances-of-field/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I think that you will need to reach to the "JSON Content importer" plugin support to ask how the plugin can save multiple values for a custom field.

Toolset uses update_post_meta to save multiple instances fields into the database. Taking your example, Toolset will save two entries in the postmeta table for each of the custom fields "Hazard ID" and "Parent ID". 4 entries in total.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.