Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multiple Edit Forms on Same Page

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have a page containing multiple Views. All the Views query the same post type. Each View contains a different edit post form. These were working fine but I now discover they're not (unless I only place any one of the Views with its edit form on the page). This appears to have been an issue about 18 months ago (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/multiple-edit-post-cred-forms-on-same-page/) but was sorted (?) with CRED 1.9.

Are we not able to place multiple edit forms on the same page anymore?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Julie,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

The ticket that you mentioned ( i.e. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/multiple-edit-post-cred-forms-on-same-page/ ) is related to an old issue which was fixed in Toolset Forms plugin version 1.9.

But, unfortunately, we've recently identified a similar issue which also affects the multiple forms used on the same page and it has been reported to the concerned team, already.

I'm afraid, I don't have a time estimate to share at the moment, but I'll update you through this ticket, as soon as it gets fixed.

Meanwhile, there are two workarounds, through which this issue can be avoided:

1. From the form's settings, you can set them to submit with AJAX, so that the page is not refreshed.

OR

2. You can downgrade to the Toolset Forms plugin version "2.1.1.2", which can be downloaded from our downloads page:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-cred/#changelog

I hope these points will help and please let me know if you have any questions/concerns around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar

Many thanks for the update and also your suggested workarounds. Unfortunately (in this case) the page needs to refresh in order to display content updated by the form submission. I'm not keen on having plugins that aren't up to date (ruling out option 2). I've decided to re-design affected pages until the issue is fixed. The result is clumsy by comparison so I hope the fix doesn't take too long!

I'll wait for your update - thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Julie,

Thanks for writing back and sorry to learn that those workarounds won't be of much help in this case.

We apologize for the inconvenience and I'll keep you updated on this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar

Whilst I've been able to implement a workaround (albeit clumsy) in one area of my site, this is a HUGE issue for my User's account page where there are multiple forms providing Users with options for actions (including purchase). To have to send them to a new page to then submit a form smacks of poor design and isn't user-friendly. I did try using AJAX in a couple of instances (even though this is still not at all ideal) but it didn't work. I'm also having to spend even more precious time re-developing. I really think this should be treated with some priority. Can you see what's achievable please?

I did re-consider rolling back to CRED 2.1.1.2 but apart from having just upgraded to WordPress 5, this version of CRED had major issues itself with types shortcodes not expanding in email notifications.

I'm really not a happy bunny at the moment

I am having the same problem in 2 websites and it is quite a problem! I have to basically disable one of the forms and not happy about it.
Ajax did not worked and downgrade is not an option as it bring another problems with wordpress 5.

Please fix this ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Julie & Pedro,

I can understand the concern and the inconvenience linked to this.

Even though I don't have a time estimate to share at this time, I can assure you that an issue like this, which has multiple reports is taken very seriously and gets a priority.

You both are in our follow up list and we'll update as soon as there is some progress.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

hi Waqar

I'm sorry to bug you again only I have found a statement in another thread https://toolset.com/forums/topic/add-contact-form-that-sends-email-to-custom-field-email-of-the-post/#post-1158861 that seems to be suggesting that a single form on a page is the normal approach and multiple forms shouldn't be used.......period.

I'm under the impression however that the developers are endeavouring to re-enable the use of multiple forms on pages.

Can you confirm which information is correct please?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Julie,

Thank you for writing back.

I can see how the statement from the other ticket (without a complete context) can raise concerns.

As currently, multiple instances of (same or different) forms on a page result in conflicts, we'll naturally recommend against that.

But the work is underway to revamp how forms work, which will overcome this limitation and once that happens our recommendation will change as well.

Hope this clarifies the difference and I'll keep you updated with the progress.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Julie,

Just wanted to update you that the Toolset Forms 2.2.1.1 version has been released, which includes a fix for the issue that you reported earlier.

Appreciate your report and patience.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.