Skip Navigation

[Resolved] More than one view in a page and problems with scrollTop

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user had multiple views on their page with a custom scroll to div code when their view paginates.

However each view that had the custom code wasn't scrolling to the correct div. Instead it was scrolling all the way to the top and triggering all the other scroll functions in the other views.

Solution:
To resolve this you will need to scope your code by ensuring that the code only fires when that particular view paginates.

How you can scope this inside the view callback function for pagination is by using the following variable "data.view_unique_id" which contains the ID of the view.

So a complete code example would look like.

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
    /**
    * data.view_unique_id (string) The View unique ID hash
    * data.effect (string) The View AJAX pagination effect
    * data.speed (integer) The View AJAX pagination speed in miliseconds
    * data.layout (object) The jQuery object for the View layout wrapper
    */
  if( data.view_unique_id === 3495){
  jQuery([document.documentElement, document.body]).animate({
        scrollTop: $("#bildumako").offset().top
    }, 2000);
  }
});

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.85 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by urkoP 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I have pages with more than one view. The web is a historical multimedia archive , you can do custom searches, and the results are albums, photos and videos. Therefore the results pages contain 3 views, one for each of them. The 3 views are paginated, and the 3 have ajax transition.

The problem is that I would like each one to scroll at the view beginning (not page) when changing the page (1,2,3,...with pagination links of the view). but I don't get it.

Iam using this code:
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
$(jQuery.browser.webkit ? "body": "html").animate({ scrollTop: jQuery('#bildumako').offset().top }, 1000);
});
where I change the ID of the div (#bildumako) to be the destination of the scroll effect.
but it always takes me to the top (the div ID) of the first view makin stop effect in the others.

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Urko,

Thank you for getting in touch.

You're saying that after your ajax pagination, your jquery code does not work anymore?

This is because you will need to add your code to the views callback function.

If you go to your view under the Filter editor you can access the JS editor. There should be a button for the frontend events.

You can add the appropriate function here and then add your js code to the callback function.

$(jQuery.browser.webkit ? "body": "html").animate({ scrollTop: jQuery('#bildumako').offset().top }, 1000);
});

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

ok I add it on the callback function, but the problem is the same.
I have three views each on top of the other.

View 1
View 2
View 3

When click on the View 1 pagination the sroll goes to the bottom of the page (view3). When click the View 2 pagination it goes to the top and after it to the bottom (view 3). And if I click on the view 3 pagination it goes to the top of the page and after it to the bottom.

I want each view to go to its beginning.
Is the code not correct?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Urko,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can have a look at this for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Urko,

I got this to work

}, 2000);

It works when I add it directly to the console of the page. It scrolls to the correct element.

However I believe the issue is being caused by the error in the console.

Could you temporarily disable the non-toolset plugins to see if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I have resolved the console error and neither. I have removed the code in two of the 3 views and every time the page event occurs the scroll goes to this view ( the one that contains the code) .
It's as if it affects all views

thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Urko,

To Clarify what you are trying to achieve.

Is it that when you paginate, you want to scroll to a particular section of the view ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

yes that is, at the beginning of the view (up). And on each page I have three different views.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Urko,

So I found the issue.

We weren't scoping the scroll function correctly, so it is being triggered on each pagination regardless of the view.

So we need to scope it by checking the view that was actually triggering the pagination.

Here is an example of how I achieved this.

/**
	* data.view_unique_id (string) The View unique ID hash
	* data.effect (string) The View AJAX pagination effect
	* data.speed (integer) The View AJAX pagination speed in miliseconds
	* data.layout (object) The jQuery object for the View layout wrapper
	*/
  if( data.view_unique_id === 3495){
    }, 2000);
  }
});

Just replace the 3495 with the ID of your view and the #bildumako with the id of the div you want to scroll to.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.