Skip Navigation

[Resolved] More problems with Toolset and DIVI. This is a real mess.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Francisco Ramón Molina Busquiel 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

I'm not sure which specific features of Divi you rely on, but in general the other page builders we have integrations for don't seem to have the same problems as Divi, although this could change as they keep evolving and adding features, they all seem to be adding templating and dynamic content, for example, and as they become more and more complex there are more things to break.

I believe the safest long-term route would be to go with one of the many Blocks libraries that are emerging that offer many of the same kind of modules as the page builders do, which you can combine with investing a modest amount of time in learning CSS techniques to be able to fill any gaps in the visual designs that are not available yet with the block libraries.

The problem is that current customers want things done quickly, very colorful and cheap, if not, they go without any problem to the competition.
Amir offered me help to pass the web I was doing to Toolset Blocks but it was very complex, Toolset Blocks still needs a lot of development to be similar to some current page builder.
The web developer currently needs to have everything done as quickly as possible to make it profitable, that is offered by DIVI, Elementor ...
DIVI has the advantage that with a lifetime license you can make all the websites that are needed, unlimited updates and high level support , that is not currently offered by any other plugin or page builder.

Nigel
Supporter

I understand, but I don't have much else that I can say given the current interoperability between Toolset and Divi, sorry.

Do not worry. It was simple curiosity to see if there was currently something better that I did not know.
One last question, of the 3 themes that you advise:
Astra, GeneratePress and OceanWP, which would you recommend?
Astra I've tried it and it's really bad, I don't like anything.
The others I hope they are better, because if they are similar to Astra .... 🙁

Nigel
Supporter

I can't give you an honest answer unfortunately because the only time I ever use them is when I'm testing issues reported by clients and I'm looking at a specific problem. That's a very different thing to using the themes on a daily basis to actually build websites.

The only page-building tool I've seen in the past couple of years that really impressed me and made me think "that's what I would use!" is Oxygen (hidden link), but, again, this comes from playing around with it a little, rather than actually building sites with it.

Nigel,
It seems very interesting Oxygen and also from what I have seen compatible with Toolset. 🙂
Do you know if it has any incompatibility with Toolset and your Gutenberg-oriented development line?
Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

When Oxygen 2 was first released, and they added support for Toolset (Types fields as dynamic content sources and inserting Views) there were initially a few reports of problems, but I think they were resolved (by Oxygen, as we don't have an explicit compatibility layer for it).

Since then I've heard nothing, which leads me to think no news is good news.

Are you a member of the Toolset users group on Facebook? It might not be a bad idea to ask there to see if there are other Toolset customers using Oxygen who can share their experience.

Oxygen does have a 60-day money back guarantee, so you could try it out.

If you do, do please share your impressions, I would be curious to know.

Nigel,
It's a very good idea.
Of course, if you don't have tickets of Oxygen on support, or it means that nobody is using it with Toolset ;), or that it works perfectly with Toolset. 🙂
Thank you very much for all your advice.
Regards,
Jose

Nigel,
Oxygen seemed very powerful, but ....
These are answers from Oxygen:
>> I wanted to know if Oxygen is fully compatible with Toolset, now that Toolset is fully oriented to Gutenberg?

You can see a list of the compatible Toolset fields here: hidden link.

>> I would also like to know if Oxygen is compatible with the toolset repeating elements?

Unfortunately, there's no built-in compatibility with Toolset's Repeating Fields.

>> In case the answer is negative, will you soon incorporate these functionalities in Oxygen?

Unfortunately, I'm not able to comment on future development plans for Oxygen. However, if you would like to see additional Toolset compatibility, please open a feature request here: hidden link.

>> Is it fully compatible with WPML?

Unfortunately, Oxygen isn't integrated with any translation plugins: hidden link. However, we do have a number of customers successfully using Polylang with Oxygen.

>> I would also like to know if Oxygen is 100% compatible with Yoast SEO text analyzer?

Unfortunately, there is a known issue where content rendered using an Oxygen template can't be analysed. We have a bug report open for this here: hidden link. A workaround is to edit the post content directly (don't use a template and click "Edit with Oxygen" directly on the post page) and then insert the content dynamically so that it can be analysed.

Rank Math is another popular choice. One of our users has written a plugin to allow Rank Math to work with Oxygen: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpdevdesign-rankmath-integration-for-oxygen/.

>> Does Oxygen have support to add special semi-transparent separator in sections like DIVI?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, please can you send me a link to the Divi documentation for this feature so that I can take a look?

>> Does Oxygen have an icon library to be placed anywhere?

Please can you explain what you mean by an icon library? Oxygen has an Icon element that uses Font Awesome and Linearicons. You can add additional icon sets: hidden link.

Too bad, it would have been nice....

Nigel,
Definitely, after everything we've talked about and I've seen in the rest of the market, DIVI is a winning horse, they just released a new version with support for Gutenberg, now DIVI modules can be included within Gutenberg. This is fabulous and will surely give many more possibilities for integration with Toolset.
hidden link
This is what I have told you in some comments, DIVI evolves very quickly, there is no other company that incorporates so many improvements in such a short time, in addition, its support team is also very attentive and very fast, and even provides code for plugins that they are not even yours, notice that when I made the query to Oxygen support they took a long time to answer me.
Thanks.
Regards,
Jose

Nigel
Supporter

Shame about Oxygen, and the latest updates to Divi sound interesting, I will check that out when I have a moment.

The original integration with Divi occurred at a time when Divi (and all the other page builders) didn't offer its own templates.

As I understand it, the main problem with the integration that prevents you from using the new version of Divi with Toolset is when you try to use Divi to design Toolset templates, but as you don't really need to use Toolset templates any more, I suspect you can change your workflows so that you create using Divi templates—using the new experience!—and your issue then is simply being able to insert Toolset content into those Divi templates, which you can do by manually adding shortcodes to text modules for example. You likely won't have the Field and Views button available, so you'll want to copy and paste them from somewhere or manually enter them.

I notice that the video has gone up about using Divi and Toolset on the blog, though I've not watched it yet.

Now, theoretically, I can use Gutenberg in all places, since you can include DIVI blocks anywhere on a page made with Gutenberg, so I can mix Toolset blocks with DIVI blocks. The templates for Toolset views can also be built using Gutenberg, since if I need to include DIVI blocks I can do it.

Well, no. You have a problem with the new DIVI block in the templates. 🙁
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/problem-with-new-divi-block-gutenberg-and-toolset-templates/

Nigel
Supporter

I picked up that ticket and answered that, my second tier colleagues are testing this new feature of Divi 4.1, and I'll update you there.

I think we can close this ticket?

Thank you very much Nigel for everything

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.