Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Module Manager says “This page doesn’t seem to exist.” when trying to load

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was unable to install a module from the module library.

Solution:
He was able to fix some security mods that were blocking our registry IP.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by John 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Module Manager says "This page doesn't seem to exist." when trying to load any module.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Here's an examples of a page it's trying to load which is failing. But all links do the same:
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

OTHER NOTES:
It's a brand new site. using Astra them. I have elementor installed but I tried deactivating it with no success. No other plugins running.

Using the newest toolset plugins: Types, Views and Module Manager only.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Based on the information you shared, it seems that you are trying to install the “Breaking News Slider” module using the module manager plugin.

I tried to install the “Breaking News Slider” on my local installation with the default TwentyTwenty theme and it finished without issues.

To better assist you I will need some additional information.
Please provide debug information as explained on https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference?
Please try to activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file as well as try to activate the debug log. Do you see errors on the page or with a debug log file?
More information:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

If none of the above-mentioned points helps, I need access details so troubleshoot this issue further.

** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.**
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next reply will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thank you.

A follow up - I also started another brand new website (on the same server) and only loaded the basic toolset plugins and same problem.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback and for the access information.

It seems to me that it is a server issue, as I could not reproduce the issue on my local setup(http) and on our platform(https), you can check it on this server:
hidden link
username: admin
password: admin123

Can you please test on your computer or another server with a new website or a Duplicator copy of your current site?
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

That will help us confirm the issue within the server. I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Hi,

I don just have another server I can pop over to.... BUT. As I noted. I did create another website from scratch on my current server and got the same results.

Thank you for setting up the temporary testing site. It's helpful. PLEASE KEEP IT ONLINE for a while while we go over this so I can use it for further testing and reference. I've also loaded up the module content there so I can see how it's being built.

There is one HUGE difference in how your install looks for the module VS mine:

YOURS USES THIS LINK:
hidden link

MINE USES THIS LINK:
hidden link

There are huge differences in the format. Why would that be?? Since the problem is that I'm being jumped to a page that doesn't exist? That's where the error starts.

SIDE NOTE:
I see in your 'breaking slider' code that it's trying to load in a picture from a source that doesn't exist as well. I assume this is unrelated to my problem - but maybe it is? Have you guys just shifted things around and lost proper links?:
hidden link

SO:
If it is my server. Any thoughts on what I'd need to change to get i going? I have full access to WHM/etc and have created many sites without any issues I've been able to resolve. Thanks!

Jamal
Supporter

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I understand that you do not have another server, but I wonder if you can try on your local computer, which would actually confirm that the issue is related to your current server.

The difference between links from our install and yours is because on our install we went to the second step of installing the slider module, which did not happen on yours. I removed the slider module from our install, and you can try again to see that on the first step, we do have the same links.

I do not think that your side note is relevant to correct this problem, it is only demo data for the module and maybe an image is missing. But that's probably another issue.

Can you give me credentials to the other site on the same server to check further? I would like to have a site where I can play around and troubleshoot further. Your next reply will be private. Please make a database backup.

On your server, maybe, some server logs could reveal what's blocking the installation of this module. Error logs are usually stored in /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log. You can check the error file and try to reproduce the error, then check to see if any errors were logged in there.

Finally, I am sure you will understand that if we are unable to reproduce the issue, there is probably nothing much we could do at this point. Maybe your hosting provider can help also.

Jamal
Supporter

I logged in to this website and the error persists here too. Unfortunately, the logs that you have shared are access logs and we should check error logs hidden link

To better help you with this issue, I would need to know the following information:
- error logs when reproducing the error.
- Check if all Toolset requirements are met https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/ I was able to check some of them using a plugin WP Server info. But not all of them.
- What host provider and host offer are you using.

Hi Jamal,

Actually, I'm using Liquid Web as my host... And, as usual, their tech support is awesome (the #1 reason I use them).

I just sat on the phone with them and based off of the support you gave, we were able to track down the issue. It was a couple of Mod Security rules that were being triggered by the Toolset Module and the firewall went up. We whitelisted and now it seems to be good!

THANK YOU for your persistence and help!

I'll close this out. BE SAFE AND WELL!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

LiquidWeb.com will still fix this issue in the ModSecurity section. 02/17/2021.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.