Skip Navigation

[Resolved] mobile menu out of position after theme update

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-25 um 16.30.01.png

Hello Support,

I am working on a clients real estate website and yesterday I updated Starter Theme from v1.3.7 to v1.3.8.

After update I noticed that the mobile menu icon is not in the top right corner anymore but now just replaces the normal menu in the same position as the normal menu would be. Also now, after clicking on the menu icon to open the mobile menu, the width of the opening menu is not fullwidth as it used to be but like a normal sub-menu item list. (see screenshot). I think this is a bug because it used to work fine before the theme update.

My installation is only local.

Regards,
Gregor

Dear Gregor,

Please try this:
deactivate other plugins and switch to original Starter Theme theme, and test again, we need to know if there is any compatibility problem in your website.

Hello Luo,

I did what you said, only WPML & Toolset plugins activated, Starter Theme 1.3.8 activated (no child theme), no custom css added, --> the problem is remains the same.

It worked before the update!

Thanks,
Gregor

233.JPG

I just install a real estate demo site here:
hidden link
user/pass: xgren/111111

I see the menu works fine in mobile size, see screenshot 233.JPG

If it isn't what you expected, what and how should it to be? could you take a screenshot for it and duplicate same problem in above test site?

Thanks

Hi Luo/Gregor

I am watching this thread and can see what Gregor is saying.

I have a test site
hidden link

with no changes made.

If you look at the menu display as the screen is reduced in size, the menu is full width. In the example using the latest version of the theme, the menu width is truncated.

Hope this helps.
Tony

Hello Tony & Luo,

First, thanks a lot Tony!! What you are showing in your example is exactly what I expect to see and how it used to be before the update to 1.3.8!!!

Luo, do you really (honestly 🙂 ) find it "normal" or "looking fine" how it looks now?
Just wondering...

Regards
Gregor

correct.png

To make it more clear, here is a screenshot of how it should/used to look.

Luo, in the screenshot you posted the first menu link "Apartment" even gets cut of in the open menu. I don't think this can be described wanted or normal behavior?!

Tony, you say you have the latest version 1.3.8 installed. Would you be so kind to share the css classes you modified to reverse the bug?

Thanks
Gregor

Thanks for the details, I can see the difference between those two website, and escalated this thread to our second tier supporters, our developers will take care of it.

Gregor

Sorry - I have not updated to this theme version which is why it was easy to supply an example. I will be awaiting the Toolset fix before upgrading. You could try moving the menu to statis top or another setting to see if the problem exists there (probably, but worth a look).

Regards
Tony

Thank you Luo!

Thank you Toni, I will wait for the outcome of second tier supporters action that hopefully will solve the bug quick (... hopefully before tuesday, when I have to present the web site to my client, lol)

Thanks again & peace on earth!
Gregor

It has been put into our to-do list, I will update this thread if there is any news.

Hello Luo,

uff, this sounds as it could take weeks....

Is there a place where I can download v1.3.7 to reverse the update? - Tomorrow I have a presentation at my clients office and responsiveness is an important point on their check list.

regards,
Gregor

You can download the version 1.3.7 here:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-starter/#changelog

Our developers are working on this issue, here is the feedback:
It should be able to fixed in the next version of Real estate demo theme

Here is the feedback from our developers:
It is fixed in the latest version of "Real Estate with Layouts" demo site, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#application-frameworks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.