Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Min and max price in search doesn't work

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have set up a search page in my site which is under development .
My custom post type is yacht, for each one i have set custom fields for low season/period charter price and max high season/period charter price.
To search view in this page hidden link, i want to display the results for the low season/period charter price. The filters for the prices doesn't work correctly. Please check a screen shot of my settings hidden link

Custom field - low price settings: hidden link
An example of a search query : hidden link

What should i do?

Thank you

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot why the search isn't working as expected, I'll need to see the view, the fields and the available data for the yacht posts from the back-end admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details?

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During testing on my own website, I was able to reproduce this issue with Views beta (Version 3.0-b2).

If "between" comparison is used in the new visual block Views editor, the search query is not properly updated.

We appreciate you brought this forward and I've shared these findings with the concerned team. I'll keep you updated on the progress through this ticket.

For now, you can use the classic views editor to use a search filter with "between" comparison.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,
Please inform me if you have any update before 28/11, because in the end of month i must deliver the project.
Thank so much.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for writing back and I'll keep you updated.

Although a major update for Toolset Views plugin is planned to be released very soon, if you're on a tight schedule, I'll recommend using classic views editor, for a view where min/max range and "between" comparison is involved.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

I'd like to share that a fix for the issue has been included in the latest release of Toolset Views.

You're welcome to update and let us know through a new ticket, in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.