Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Migration to a new URL

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pabloQ-2 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:
Migrate from my development environment to the definitive URL

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The Views are not being migrated properly, they lost part of the configuration. This causes some issues because, by default all the views are set as "Show results with a custom search" and some of them are not that kind. Also, the repeatable fields are not working well.

We have migrated the site manually, not using any plugin. We have updated the URLs in all database tables, using Better Search Replace plugin.

We haven't used the import / export feature because we thought that migrating manually would work.

Can you tell me please how can I export properly the views from the staging site to the new site? It's a huge and complex site, using a lot of all your awesome features: types, views, relationships and custom fields.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Pablo,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

The issues that you mentioned can arise after the migration if the ID-based content relationships are not maintained.

Officially we use and recommend the following two plugins to migrate or clone websites safely:

1. Duplicator – WordPress Migration Plugin
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

2. All-in-One WP Migration
https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

In case you still face any difficulty in the migration, you're welcome to share specific details of the missing/broken items on the migrated website.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.