Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Migrating from CPT UI to Toolset Types – Error: You cannot use this slug

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by isabelleG 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am trying to: Migrate an existing custom post type (from CPT UI) so it can be managed in Toolset Type

I deleted the custom post type in CPT UI. Then I recreated it with Toolset Types. However, I can't set the slug to the one I had with CPT UI, since Toolset Types telling me the slug I cannot register this slug. The word is "laureates", not a reserved word, I believe.

I expected to see: Save the existing post type with the same slug than CPT UI and have it managed in Toolset Type.

Instead, I got: An error telling me the slug was already in use or reserved.

The original custom post types were created with CPT UI which has been deactivated.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I suspect that CPT UI is still keeping the custom post type, or maybe another component of the site is defining it, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If this does not help, please provide us a copy of your website and we'll analyze it https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Hi Jamal,

I tried your solution with no success. For the copy of my website, is this thread private?

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.