Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Migrating from CPT UI to Toolset Types – Error: You cannot use this slug

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by isabelleG 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Migrate an existing custom post type (from CPT UI) so it can be managed in Toolset Type

I deleted the custom post type in CPT UI. Then I recreated it with Toolset Types. However, I can't set the slug to the one I had with CPT UI, since Toolset Types telling me the slug I cannot register this slug. The word is "laureates", not a reserved word, I believe.

I expected to see: Save the existing post type with the same slug than CPT UI and have it managed in Toolset Type.

Instead, I got: An error telling me the slug was already in use or reserved.

The original custom post types were created with CPT UI which has been deactivated after deletion of said custom post.

I tried the solution from Jamal in my previous ticket (deleting all plugins except Toolset and setting a basic WP theme) without success. Unfortunately my ticket was closed while I was on vacation. I can provide a copy of my site. Please make this thread private.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I just installed the Custom Post Type UI plugin to register a laureate post type, created a sample post, then deactivated the plugin and activated Types and used that to register the same post type, and didn't encounter any problems.

We'll need a copy of your site to try and analyse the problem, if you could please share a backup here as described in hidden link

Here is a copy of my site, prior to any changes or trials I previously made. I tried the deletion + recreation of Laureates Femmes de mérite Custom post on a staging copy.

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Thank you for sharing duplicator, I'll install that on my machine and will get back to you as soon as possible with my findings.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I installed the duplicator you shared and when I run the following query on your database:

SELECT * FROM wp_posts where post_name='laureates' and post_type='page' 

The above query found two pages with Page ID (7240 and 7242) whose slug is set to "laureates".

Can you try to rename the slug (post_name) of those found post or remove those pages if you are not using it and then try to register your post type from Types plugin - I hope that will help you to resolve your issue.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.