Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Messaging system is not displaying the inbox messages on the front end

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulV-8 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Reference this ticket: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-need-to-know-the-exact-parameters-to-set-up-the-messaging-system-using-blocks/

The messaging system is no longer displaying messages in the inbox on the front end. The outbox appears to be working.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share admin access details as well as frontend user access details (one sender + one receiver) and also share the problem URL where you are displaying the inbox messages on frotnend.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that:

This is the brand post where we can see the form to send a message.
=> hidden link

So, one user will be the sender (who is sending the message) and the author of the post will be the receiver.

For instance - the author of the following post is Mike HBasic, so he will be receiver:
=> hidden link

Can you please create a brand post whose author should be either Toolset user or emily.vennard?

Screenshot 2020-10-15 112544.png

I did that. So my test was:

Created this post with user Emily.vennard
hidden link

I then logged in as another user (admin user, me). I could see the post, i visited that page and sent a message from the admin user.

I then logged in as Emily.vennard and the message did not appear in my inbox.

I logged in as the admin user (the sender of the message) and i could see the message i sent in the outbox

In the messaging system you can see the message from the admin user (user 1) to Emily.vennard (User 13) but the message is not appearing in the inbox of User 13 Emily.vennard

Minesh
Supporter

I'm not sure whats going on with your site but I could not able to login as toolset user now.

Can you please send me access details of the following users:
- Admin user
- two frontend user access details:
- Sender
- Receiver

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Also, please make sure one of the Sender or Receiver should have created the brand post.

Minesh
Supporter

Created this post with user Emily.vennard
hidden link
==>
I do not able to see this test post now.

In addition to that, I logged in as Emily.vennard and it wont allow to me access the wp-admin and due to that I am not able to create the brand post from backend.

Then, I logged-in as Toolset user and created the following brand post:
=> hidden link

Then, I loggedin as user Emily.vennard and visit the brand post that is created by Toolset user:
=> hidden link
- I submit the message (loggedin as Emily.vennard)

I can see in the inbox and outbox it shows the correct message:
hidden link
hidden link

Can you please make sure you added view's correctly like inbox and outbox pages.

Ok so i can see the meesages when i am logged into the user emily.vennard@icloud.com both in the inbox and outbox

If i want to add that view in a different page how can i do that?

I have added the view in this page for example hidden link

But it shows all messages rather than just for that user

Minesh
Supporter

Please check how the inbox view is added on this page:
=> hidden link

It's added using the shortcode block as given under:

[wpv-view name="my-messages-received" info="[wpv-current-user info='id']"]

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.