Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Menu account links

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by FranklinD4690 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot_2.jpg

How do I set up these links on the menu? Like the ones you are using on your site.
(see screenshot form my Toolset acccount) How do you achieve that? (Specially Logout and My suport tickets)

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Franklin,

These are actually pages created in WordPress itself and just added to the navigation menu.

For the logout link you can follow the instructions in the link below.
hidden link.

To create a my account page you can check the link below.
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-my-account-page/

For the My support tickets page, in your case what will this page be displaying ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane

- Logout link works.
- How do I add the user name on the menu?
- How about showing the login menu for logged out users and account name and manu for logged in users only?
- How do I set up the newsletter management fields?
- The My suport tickets page: prety much like what you have here on Toolset site. A page where users can see Subscribed Forum Topoics, Favorite forum topics and topics created

Thank you

Update:
Support Tickets Page: The theme has a page for that alredy. Works for me. I just dont know how to link to BBpress user profile page..?

thank you

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franklin,

These questions in your thread are not directly related to Toolset itself but wordpress in general. I cannot guide on specifically how to achieve each as these fall out of the scope of our support forum.

However let me see what I can do.
- How do I add the user name on the menu?

You can make use of the shortcode below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-current-user

However I don't believe that the wordpress menu allows for shortcodes to be added to it so you will probably need to make use of the plugin below.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcode-in-menus/

- How about showing the login menu for logged out users and account name and manu for logged in users only?

Perhaps you can try this plugin below.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-menus/

- How do I set up the newsletter management fields?
Not sure what you mean by this as this on our site is something completely custom.

- The My suport tickets page: prety much like what you have here on Toolset site. A page where users can see Subscribed Forum Topoics, Favorite forum topics and topics created

Our forum page isn't built with Toolset but its a highly customized version of BBPress.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Name on menu - shortcode works.

Log in log - log out menu - Fixed. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/hide-menu-items/

Support ticket/Forum page: All set

Newsletter management:
- How do I create the fields and make them show on a page what I will call Newsletter namangement so users can chose their preferences?

- How do I add those fields to the registeer form?

Hi, Shane is out today on a public holiday and will return tomorrow to continue assisting you. Thanks for your patience.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franklin,

I'm still not 100% clear on this.
Newsletter management:
- How do I create the fields and make them show on a page what I will call Newsletter namangement so users can chose their preferences?

- How do I add those fields to the registeer form?

Is it that users will be able to see a post and subscribe to that post ?

You can create the fields and display them using our Blocks and Types plugin but I need a clear direction or the scope in order to give a proper response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Sorry I wasnt very clear on my description.

Basically, I want users to be able to selec newsletter subscription during registration.

- So I need to add the newsletter fields to the registration form
- then create the newsletter management page (like the one you have here on toolset.com) Do I get a notification when users change their newsletter preferences on this page?

I hope that's clear.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franklin,

Ok so this newsletter option is completely custom and not related to our Toolset plugins. This functionality is actually apart of BBpress you will need to consult the BBpress support team in order to get any additional information on this one.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.