Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Membersite using Memberships 2 pro: Use CPT fields or User fields?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

I am trying to:
I have searched the forums here to find some answers. But can't find what I'm looking for.

I'm building on a site using Divi 3.0 and the Membership 2 Pro plugin.
(hidden link)

It's a site for alternative practitioners to put out a public profile. So there will be two main functions: A directory page and a profile page for the user. I have done both, but...

Should I use a CPT and Post Fields to create the public user profiles? Or,
Should I build using User Fields connected to the WP user account to display them?

Think about this:
When users sign up with the Membership 2 Pro plugin, a WP user account is, of course, created for them. I could send then to a Cred form to create the CTP user profile.

But if that user drops out or don't pay for the membership, how will I stop listing their profile created from a CPT? Their membership will be canceled in Membership 2 plugin, but the post displaying their profile is still visible.

I have tried using Conditional Output connected to Membership 2 custom fields, but there is no connection between the profile CPT, wp user or the membership status I guess?

Here's the two pages I created:
List page: hidden link
Profile Page: hidden link

Thank you for awesome support btw,

Johnny

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - here you need one custom field which stores the value that user is paid or not. If user pays the field should be saved with 1 and if the user does not pay the field should be saved with 0 and this field should be associated with CPT you create. You should ask memebership pro about the available API hooks/filters Docs and on payment success hook you should update this field.

Hello,

Okey, that's what I though also. But not sure how to do that my self with my level of coding skills.

I will find a way.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.