Skip Navigation

[Resolved] membership site

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.44 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have a membership site with degrees (BA, MA and PHD), teachers, classes and students. Also I have a relationship done between student and teachers and student and classes.

Circumstance - in the degrees I have student that are enrolled in PHD classes.

Problem - Some students in a special relationship name " internship" from PHD classes are expected to perform teaching to BA levels. How can I create a post type form that uses existent students from a student list in the relationship to fill in the POST TYPE TITLE in the teacher list when I select the person in question in a relationship?

PS. there is a similar situation in the toolset documentation where the person signing up for a webinar is the person logged in, and that person's name is automatically added as a post type title when the selected that particular webinar.

How can I make it work? my intent is not to use typing information that will duplicate custom fields from the teacher/student to minimize error in information as to the data that is already in the system (field like address, phone, email, etc...)

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

For what you're planning, you'll need to either:

1. include some custom script, to use the selected student's title, as the new post's title or

2. use a custom function attached to a hook "cred_submit_complete", which can set the desired post title to the new post when the form submission completes.
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_submit_complete

You're welcome to share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the form, so that I can see how exactly it is configured and suggest which of these options will be more efficient.

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.