Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Membership based review site – User Profiles, Products and Reviews

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Author

Thought as much.

Thanks for your pointer re: option 1, I was just reading that codex page earlier while developing my custom login page. Your advice is very clear.

I'm sorting out the new views now, hopefully we can get this thread finished up tonight.

Jeff

Back again.

Okay, so I created a seperate view 'Your review for books', filtered as same author as the currently logged in user, and child of the post where the view is shown. I put the 'edit your review' CRED edit child post link in this view.

In the books styling template I created a conditional to only show this view if the currently logged in user has a review.

However I am still getting a post mismatch error.

Please feel free to have a look in the backend, I upgraded your test user to an administrator so you have full access.

Jeff

If it is not me just being an idiot and this is not possible, perhaps there is a workaround....

I could create an 'edit your review' link, which takes the user to their review post.

On the review posts template, I could create a conditional, which displays a view containing the 'edit your review' CRED form, if the currently logged in user is the author of the review post, under the body of the review.

Perhaps this all makes more sense?

I'll wait to hear back from you before I do anything.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I'm not sure where you got CRED edit child post link from, rather than using the same shortcode as before.

I edited your View to include the original shortcode, which appears to work.

I'd like to blame tired eyes, although long long ago (seemingly) at the beginning of this thread I did mention my propensity for being daft.

Anyway, that's great news, thanks for all your help. Rest assured (a blessing or a curse), I will be asking for you again in the not so distant future, in my other, inevitable, support threads.

Outstanding job!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.