Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Member unable to edit their profile when logged in, which is a Toolset Form

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen-Shot-2019-08-02-at-9.01.20-AM.jpg

I am trying to: Allow members to edit their own member profile (2-step form). This used to work

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Under the logo in the upper left, there should be a link that says "edit member profile" It does not show up for members. I have checked settings. I only see it as admin.

Instead, I got: No link, no ability for members to edit their profile. With the help of Toolset Support we created a duplicate post form that was "edit" the 2-step form, you can see that in the form list.

Once a tech is assigned, I'll give you subscriber/member access so you can see. It looks fine as an admin.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please provide the subscriber/member access for me to check on this for you. I was able to see the link with an admin user as you say.

Thanks,
Shane

Can you set the secure/private message? I can send it right over 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Hi Laurie,

Here is the field.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Private fields

Shane
Supporter

Hi Laurie,

Can you recall when did this stop working as it could point us in the right direction.

I checked on your permissions and based on the user's role they are correct.

Thanks,
Shane

I turned over the site to the client mid January. It was all working. Actually you helped me set this up. Last month when maintenance was being done, it was noticed that a member could edit anyones' profile, not just their own. I unchecked that setting and all seemed fine. So sometime over the last month. I know there have been a few Toolset updates since then.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Lauri,

Might be a simple request but have you tried disabling the non-toolset plugins?

Also is there a test site setup for this where I can do some debugging?

This seems to be your client's live site.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Yes, that was already tried. There is not. Are you able to use the duplicator file that I provided? I could make a copy in staging if you need me to.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Laurie,

I'll grab a duplicator from your site and see what is happening here.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Laurie,

Could you change the user account back to an admin account so that I can grab the copy of the site ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I have adjusted the user to admin access. Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Hi Laurie,

So I checked this out for you and it turns out that I can still edit my own profile as a user.

Remember you've set the user to edit their own profiles.

Also I did perform an update on the plugins in the duplicator so you can try doing this as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I was able to edit while logged in as admin, however when logged in as a user, as in the example provided, the link does not show up.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.