Skip Navigation

[Resolved] media library bug in toolset form when Featured Image field is present in form

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.24 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by takoL 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
2020-11-05 17_13_50-Edit Post Form ‹ Toolset Debug — WordPress.png
2020-11-05 17_11_02-Create Post – Toolset Debug.png
2020-11-05 17_05_16-Create Post – Toolset Debug.png

I am trying to:
Upload media and insert the uploaded media in to the post_content using a toolset form.

I expected to see:
After the upload is finished I expect to see the newly uploaded media in the media library and the "Insert Into post" as a blue clickable button.
(see first picture)

Instead, I got:
The uploaded media is not visible in the media library (although the upload is succesfull) and the "Insert into Post" button is greyed out and not clickable.
(see second picture)

The problem only occurs when the Featured Image field is present in the form.
(see thirdpicture)

Hopefully you can reproduce and fix this problem.

Cheers,

Tako

insert-image.JPG

Hello,

I have tried it in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, I can upload images and insert them into post content without any problem. See my screenshot insert-image.JPG

Which user role are you using to submit the post form?
Did you get any JS errors in your website?

Please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem.

image_3.png
image_2.png
image_1.png

Hi Luo,

Thanks for your response.

I tried this on a localhost as a super_admin with the role administrator.

I have the latest version of WP.
(see image_1)

I have the latest versions of the toolset plugins.
(see image_2)

And the following plugins are active (I deactivated all others):
Toolset Forms
Toolset Types
Toolset Views

I did not receive any JS errors (just some verbose comments).
(see image_3)

So the steps that I did are:
1. Create a toolset form that publishes new posts (I used the defaults from the wizard).
2. Insert the toolset form inside a page.
3. Visit the page with the form.
4. Upload an image using the "add media" button.
5. After the upload is complete I see what you can see in the third image that I added.

The problem only occurs when the "Featured Image" input field is present in the toolset form.
If I remove the "Featured Image" input field from the form there is no problem at all.

Also, if the infinite scroll inside the media library is triggered after I upload the picture, than the uploaded picture suddenly appears in the media library and the "insert into post" button turns blue and clickable.

I hope you can help debug further, but I understand that's difficult if you cannot reproduce the problem.
I will also investigate further.

Cheers,

Tako

Please provide a copy of your local test site:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Also point out the problem page and form URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Luo is on vacation, let me take over here.

I installed the copy of your site and can see the issue. I then went and double-checked on my own test site, where I can also see the issue.

It's not a clean site, so I'm going to create a completely fresh site to demonstrate the problem that I can share with the developers.

Please bear with me a little longer while I do that and then I'll be able to escalate this thread.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, I've done that now and escalated the issue to the developers.

I'll let you know when I have some feedback.

Hi, is there any news on this issue?

A lot of our clients are unable to work with media at this moment, so hopefully we can get an update soon?

Thanks in advance!

Nigel
Supporter

The issue with the developers, and it is on the current development board so should be worked on fairly soon.

I've asked that once fixed a patch is made available so that you don't have to wait for the final plugin release. As soon as that's available I'll share it with you.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the patch 😉

Nigel
Supporter

The issue has been fixed, I'm not sure when the updated plugin itself will be released, but in the meantime you can use this patch: hidden link

Unzip the archive and copy the file public/js/media_manager.js to the same location (overwriting the existing file) within the /plugins/cred-frontend-editor/ folder.

I think we can close here, if you can confirm the fix works.

By the way, there is an update of Forms due soon and this fix is too late to be included, so if you update Forms you will need to re-apply this patch until the fix is included in the following plugin release.

Nigel
Supporter

The plugin update is now available but doesn't include the fix, which will ship with Forms 2.6.4.

So you can go ahead and update to the new version (2.6.3) and then you'll need to re-apply the patch.

Then when 2.6.4 is released it will overwrite the patched version and you won't need to take any other action.

So I think we can close here.

Ok, we will take care to re-apply the patch after updating to the next version.
Thanks for the update!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.