Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Media is not editable such as caption

This support ticket is created 4 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

I use WPML and Access to control users and now since latest update no editor can add caption to Media. Administrators can but now editors
What has happend ??!

The thing is that it was working until latest update. Editors has always been able to edit caption on images. now all the fields of images is readonly, And i have not changed anything.

please help. now i must make all users Admin and thats not good...

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - Do you mean that when you loggedin as Editor role and try to upload image for the custom field - you are not able to add/edit caption?

Can you please share exact steps with few screenshots that will help me to reproduce this issue?

1.JPG

First of all the users has the ordinary "Editor"but the thing is that wordpress editors has been affected.
(and custom user roles based on editors)

it doesn't madder if they upload via Media Library or via Feature image to Post / Pages its the same issue.
If you look at the screenshot you see the image library and no custom post/ custom field its the standard wordpress image library and not uploaded to custom fields.

This has worked before. Now since latest update this was happend

Minesh
Supporter

This looks like the issue is known to us and we are set to release a new version for Access tomorrow:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/if-toolset-access-and-wpml-are-active-together-you-cannot-edit-any-posts-controlled-by-toolset-access/

I will update you as soon as we will publish a new release.

Ok great, but- this is made me try finding solution for all day long. alot of hours troubleshooting. and i also had to ask help from other developers that cost me money...
But- its great it will work again asap!

Minesh
Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that but I will get in touch with you as soon as we publish fix with next access release.

I'm also sorry! thanks it is appreciated

Hi again,
how does it goes with this.
Access also messed up my Administrator, cant access Pages
See: #no_privileges
Why is that ?!

hidden link

i had to remove "Managed by Access" on post types Pages. Now im accessing it again.
I thing its very buggy when uses access and WPML together.

Minesh
Supporter

We just published the Toolset Access version 2.7.2. Can you please update Access plugin to this latest version and try to resolve your issue.

selected swedish - can still edit.JPG
selected finnish - CANT edit its own language.JPG
capabilities.JPG
media.JPG

hello.
I have installed the new version and the problem with accessing other post types is solved.

But here's a thing;
This user in the attached image, is an Editor with an custom role "Finland editor". the role cant access the meta fields of images. as description, title etc.
I need an "Finland editor" should be allowed to do the same thing as an WordPress Editor but only with their own language!

If i set the user as a ordinary WordPress Editor, it all works. He can access like an orinary editor. No problem.

But if i give him a Custom Role. in this madder Finland editor - he cant access Media meta fields.
(The Finland editor is built on "Wordpress privilegues Editor")

The Norwegan Editor works as expected - but still access other languages.

The Editors with certain language shall only be able to Create/edit/delete contetnt of thir onw language. Not only as translators, but as editors for their own language.

I have this setup:
One user, Finland (editor) (NEW!) he have also the WPML group (Finnish) so he is only able to see finnish content. The problem is, now, he can edit an creat al other language exept finnish... so its vice versa...
So - the selected langage i have give my user (editor) cant edit its own, but all other he can...

Can you help me with this ?

if you make my next post Private i can send you credentials

Minesh
Supporter

Well - would you mind to create a new ticket with your every new question. As your original issue is resolved, please kindly create a new ticket. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct ticket resolution summery.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.