Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Mathematical operations with custom fields

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.92 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have several fields created, called: quantity, price, multiplier, discount, type of client and others
when the user create a "quote" should select the product from a drop-down list, then use a form where ask for the amount, and drag the price of the product, then apply the multiplier and the discount, in doing so, should throw the Operation result

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no
What is the link to your site?

prueba.sistemdoc.com

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - for such calculation of field values either for Toolset Form or when you add/edit new post from admin it needs custom JS/jQuery code and it totally depends on your fields and what calculations you want to do.

Please check following links that may help you:
=> hidden link
=> hidden link

I need to multiply and divide fields, not just add

an apology I'm not a programmer in js or jquery

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - its custom thing but I will try to help you as much as I can.

Can I have problem URL where I can see your form with access details?

Could you please mention with screenshot - which fields you want to calculate and with what equation.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.