Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Marker not displaying on map

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have created a Map and displayed it on my site, but it does not include any Markers.

Solution: You must include a Map shortcode and at least one Marker shortcode to see a Marker on your Map.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/#displaying-markers

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasB-2 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Present an Adress wich was geolocated in CPT. In the Backend CPT was the location corrctly shown and also the longitude and lattitude values are there.
But in the Frontend view as - after adding the map with you tool - was still a map without the marker and the focus inside the gulf of guinea shown.
The Google Api was there and the Check of API in Toolset / Settings / Maps shows everything fine.
Also the adress was correctly shown in the cached datas?

I used the follwoin Code for showing the map, wich was directly made from the field and views Editors. : {!{wpv-map-render map_id="map-1" single_zoom="12" spiderfy="on" scrollwheel="off" double_click_zoom="off" street_view_control="off" marker_icon="//dev.bielefelder-fachlehrgaenge.de/wp-content/plugins/toolset-maps/resources/images/markers/Home.png"}!}{!{/wpv-map-render}!}

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Hi, I see you have created a Map shortcode, but I do not see a Marker shortcode. Both shortcodes are required to display a Marker on a Map. Is the Marker shortcode inside a View? Can you copy + paste the Marker shortcode in your next reply?
More information about displaying Markers here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/#displaying-markers

It helps if you read the instructions correctly 😉
tnx for Quick Support.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.