Skip Navigation

[Closed] Marker popup is breaking the map block

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hello Jamal,

Is the Elementor part of the subscription i have?

The map shows correctly now, but after putting the fields for the pop up window, it shows JSON error (img attached)
The error appears because of not using short-codes? I checked them and i am a bit lost as i do not know how to use them, Couldyou give me some example or something
Also the title in the pop up window gets me to for example hidden link but i want it to go to the Website custom field

How do i change the CCS values for checkbox to have more padding from its text? I cannot find the option to do it in the interface

Kind regards

Piotr

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

We have had similar issues caused by the preview of the marker's popup window, but we have fixed those on the latest releases.

Please make a full backup then update all Toolset plugins. Then update the marker's popup shortcodes again and check.
Once that issue is resolved, I'll help you on how to get the URL that you need to have.

Hey,

I did what you have asked me to

Now it displays just one place in different markers, also when i change the Map Style from Standard to Silver the JSON error message appears. Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

I was able to change the style of the map to silver without issues. hidden link
So, I would suspect that you have some corrupt cache on the browser. Just clear the cache on your browser and it should work. Or try from an incognito window or a different browser.

Regarding the popup content, you can use the views button to insert the content that you desire. Just keep in mind, that the editor will render an example post inside of the yellow highlighted text, and keep in mind that what is highlighted in yellow is a dynamic value rather than static to the example displayed(Petal). Check the first screenshot, the link is automatically pulled from the post.

Also the title in the pop up window gets me to for example hidden link but i want it to go to the Website custom field
Do you mean, that the link should come from a custom field instead of the post title?

Strange, because i did not have to clear cache to see that it is working now, i just reloaded the page.

Yes, In the pop up content, i want the title link to use "Website" custom field so when clicked it take the user to the external website.

Jamal
Supporter

Each time the Block editor was rendering the example post, so I created a content template to be used on the marker popup.
Check the content template here hidden link
I activated the Legacy editor to be able to put the URL from a custom field.

<a href='[types field='website' output='raw'][/types]'>[wpv-post-title]</a><br>
[types field='organisationaddress'][/types]

Then I used the content template inside of the marker's popup.

Thanks for doing that, i am wondering where did you reference the name of the content template you created on the pop up window?

Also I would like to ask something regarding displaying language on different page --> hidden link

Should i create a new ticket for it?

The thing is that I want to give user possibility to choose from drop-down list only one language, at the moment there are all the languages certain volunteer speaks, i cannot think how logically it can be made,

could you give me a tip, please
thanks

Hey there,

I have managed to display languages correctly in the drop-down list.

I only wonder about this reference from content template for pop up window, as I am going to created something similar in the volunteers search page. Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

First, I had to enable the legacy editor in Toolset->Settings->General->Editting experience. Then I created the content template and switched it to the legacy editor. The content template has a slug, check this screenshot hidden link
Then we can use a content template using shortcodes:

[wpv-post-body view_template="Name_or_slug_of_the_content_template_here"]

Read more about the shortcode here https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#vf-153372

I am glad you had managed to put the language dropdown.

Hej Jamal

I am having problem JSON error on the

hidden link

I did similar thing as you did on the organisations map, by creating content template etc. What I am doing wrong there?

Another thing on the same page, as there is a big space between e-mail and languages on the volunteer View Loop and other things (see attached pic)

Thanks

_print.jpg

thats the picture

Jamal
Supporter

I am not sure what is causing this error on the map, but as soon as I saved the popup again using the following fields, it worked:
- Title.
- Telephone.
- Languages(taxonomy)

Regarding the empty space in the results, it is an empty "Fields and Text" block that has nothing inside. Check this screenshot hidden link
I removed the block and now there is no empty space anymore on the frontend. Check this screenshot hidden link

You can customize the padding, margin for other blocks in the right sidebar.

_prints.jpg

I dont know either, i saved it again but nothing happened, the error still there.

Can you tell me why on some links are going behind the block (as shown on the attached pic)

on the organisations search page hidden link

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/links-going-beyond-the-div-inside-the-loop/

Jamal
Supporter

I'll need to take a copy of your website to check the map issue. Can I install the Duplicator plugin and take a copy?

Regarding the link going behind the block, it does not exist anymore in the organization page or the volunteer page. Can you add it before I take the copy so I can analyze it too?

Hey, I would rather not duplicate the website, would you be able to delete the content template for the volunteer map and create a new one as you did in the organisation page?

Thats the link for the page ---> hidden link

Regarding the content going behind the block, i give you the wrong link, that is the correct one --> hidden link

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Marker popup is breaking the map block’ is closed to new replies.