Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Marker for post type not showing on single post type map, only the gray ones

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to dispaly different marker icon

Solution:
When you add the marker, you need to select marker icon for your marker as well.

You can find proposed solution with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/marker-for-post-type-not-showing-on-single-post-type-map-only-the-gray-ones/#post-404969

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/
[Section: "Customizing the marker icons"]

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by liborioT-2 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Display the orange Marker for the single listing

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: A bigger orange marker

Instead, I got: Only the near gray markers

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I tried to reproduce this issue on my test install but for me it's working fine. Could you please make sure that you have selected different marker icon for your post to display or could you please send me exact steps to reproduce this issue?

From the post type (I have changed property with project) I am able to access the markers view, everything looks exactly the same in the loop, same as the property site, the only marker available in that loop is the [wpv-map-marker map_id="map" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_field="wpcf-project-location"] but I can only see the gray markers, not the orange one for the current project.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

When you setup your marker could you please select marker icon for your marker as well.

[wpv-map-marker map_id="map" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_field="wpcf-project-location" marker_icon='hidden link;

More Info:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/
[Section: "Customizing the marker icons"]

Thanks, your hint made me realize that the folder was wrong. Now it's working fine. Thank you so much!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.