Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Maps suddenly defaulting to Africa

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by brentE 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Cap9.jpg

I see other people have had this same issue recently -- Toolset maps look fine on the back end but display a location off the African coast on the front end. Tried a few of the solutions offered, no luck. These maps have all been working correctly until now.

Most of the maps are inserted via shortcodes, e.g. [wpv-view name="map-view-location" wpvdestlocation="Lanark Highlands"]

The map marker labels do render correctly, see attached image.

No caching enabled in WP. Google API shows as properly connected.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Example page with the issue: hidden link

Hi, as a test, please change the map_id attribute to be map-3-1 temporarily, like this:

[wpv-map-marker map_id="map-3-1" marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_field='wpcf-address' marker_icon='[wpv-post-body view_template="marker image"]']<h3 class="mapd">[wpv-post-featured-image size="custom" width="80" height="80" crop="true" class="alignleft"]<a href='[wpv-post-url]'><i class="fa fa-search" style="color:#888"></i></a> &nbsp;[wpv-post-link]</h3><p style='font-size: 1.3em;'>[types field='street-address'][/types], [types field='location'][/types]</p>[/wpv-map-marker]

Also, it's best to explicitly close every types field shortcode. I made that adjustment above. Let me know if the map updates as expected, and we can go from there.

Hi Christian,

That fixes the immediate issue, thanks. The maps are displaying again.

One remaining issue, see this page for an example: hidden link

I have a row of buttons at the bottom of the map that previously, when clicked, jumped to the infobox for that destination. The view is named 'Map View Location', and here's the relevant code in the view:

<a href="#" class="js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map" data-map="map-3" data-marker="marker-[wpv-post-id]">[wpv-post-title]</a>

Changing the 'data-map' value doesn't help.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Brent,

Christian is currently on holiday today but will be back tomorrow to continue with this.

However for your last issue I suspect that the html jump tags are not named correctly.

I would suggest taking a quick look at this link below.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. I am working from the clone files you provided, and if you deactivate all plugins except Elementor and Elementor Pro, then reload the Mississippi Mills page, you'll see an error appear in the console any time you click the page.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'querySelectorAll' of undefined
    at removeAllFocusStates (touch-keyboard-navigation.js?ver=1.1:190)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (touch-keyboard-navigation.js?ver=1.1:313)

This error must be resolved before I can troubleshoot the buttons. I tried to check on the live site to see if the same issue is occurring but my User account seems quite limited. I can't access the page.

Thanks Christian, I missed your reply. I see I didn't give you admin privileges on the site -- I have now.

Thanks, I'm still working on this locally. I found that it seems to be related to the Elementor Pro template. If I move the View directly into the Page contents and disable the template, everything works as expected. I will continue working on this tomorrow and give you an update.

Interesting. And I did do an Elementor Pro update fairly recently as I recall. OK, well thanks much for your efforts and let me know what you find.

I'm stuck so I'm asking my 2nd tier team to take a closer look. I'll let you know what i find out.

Thanks. It had been working fine until a couple of weeks back. The inspector doesn't help me, I see no errors at all.

Just wanted to give you a quick update on this. My 2nd tier team found the source of the problem and escalated this bug to our Maps developers. I'll keep you posted here if I receive information about providing a resolution in either a patch or a future Maps release.

OK, great. I was just about to follow up on this today in fact. The site is scheduled to go live next week sometime, but if I have to leave the nav tabs out for now, well, so it goes.

Hi, any ETA on this fix?

Hi, I don't have any news to report just yet or a timeline for resolution of this problem. I'll keep the ticket updated here when I receive new information.

Any word on this? As a reminder, my issue is that this Maps code stopped working, and you suspect it's related to Elementor Pro:

<a href="#" class="js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map" data-map="map-3" data-marker="marker-[wpv-post-id]">[wpv-post-title]</a>
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.