Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Maps search by distance on archive page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickP-12 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Toolset_screenshot.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I'm using toolset to display products created using WooCommerce on a map, which can then be filtered by distance from a location which is set by the user in the search form. Whenever I try to add a custom search field within the archive editor there is never an option for Toolset Maps - Distance.

As a test I created an individual page with a view loop and map and attempted to add a search by distance - and it worked! So how come there is no option to add 'Toolset Maps - Distance' when creating the archive page for 'Products' (i.e. the shop page for WooCommerce) but on a new individual page this is possible?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've spent a LOT of time reading documentation and forums on Toolset and can find no solution.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I've included a screenshot of the option that does not appear when trying to create the archive page but does when I do it as a new page.

What is the link to your site?
Our site is under development and so is not online at all times.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for getting in touch.

While at the moment it is possible to create a distance filter on your regular views that you create, it is not yet possible to have the distance filter on custom archives.

We do however have this logged on our system to be implemented. Unfortunately i'm not seeing where we have a timeline for this.

What you can do in the meantime is to create a regular view as a substitute for the archive so that you can continue to have your distance filter.

This means that you will create a Page and on that page you will add a view block and create your view from there so that users can navigate to this page to filter the posts by distance.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for replying. That is what I have done for now but I hope down the line it is implemented for archives (i.e. the shop page) as many aspects of a WooCommerce site automatically link to this page.

Thanks,
Nick

My issue is resolved for now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.