Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Maps not working – API key

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Error: You have exceeded your request quota for this API

Solution:
Please make sure to select "Maps" and "Places" APIs and then create a Google Map API key.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/maps-not-working-5/#post-1301577

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/#account-and-billing-information

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
API fine.png

Hi there,

Yet more issues with Toolset maps!

We've touched nothing, working on a dev site all the maps worked fine yesterday.

Today, they don't work on pages: hidden link

Yet at the bottom of listings they do: hidden link

Any idea what's wrong with them this time?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

When you say Maps not working, for me when I loaded the following page first time it worked:
=> hidden link

Now, when I refresh the page and try to reload it, now I get the message "This page can't load Google Maps correctly.", do you mean that you are getting that message? If yes:

When I checked your browser's console, I see the following error:

You have exceeded your request quota for this API

What if you try to generate a brand new Google Map API and replace it with your existing one and check if that help you to resolve your issue.

Hi,

That API was new and created just for this dev site. I have created yet another, however if I restrict to the URL, there is an error saying a restricted key cannot be used.

So I then create, yet another, and get this error message...on a brand new API key????

OVER_QUERY_LIMIT - Something went wrong while retrieving your map, please ensure you have entered the short code correctly. URL was hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share access details and I will try to add my test Google Map API key and check whats happening.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've added my test Google Map API key and as you can see now, its working. Even I do not see the message on the browser's console.

Once you check can you please remove it and try to create a non-restricted API key and try to resolve your issue. The issue must be from the API key you generated or how you creating it.

Hmmm,

We as mentioned, its worked for weeks, nothing changed by us. We followed this Divi guide for our other sites, the same we guess works for all sites...
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please use the following Doc and check if that help and create an unrestricted Google Map API key.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/#account-and-billing-information

This isn't really helping, we already had a account billing information set up and sorted.

Minesh
Supporter

I understand and it looks frustrating but there is nothing I can help here as I can't dive into your google account and no other users reported such issue. You need to check and create your Google Map API key correctly. Maybe you should check with Google Map API support.

Just created another, we get this error message: REQUEST_DENIED - This API project is not authorized to use this API.

It's crazy how we have done nothing and all of a sudden it's an issue.

Minesh
Supporter

Please check the following screenshot:
=> https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/954711-API_Dashboard_WorcFoodandDrink.png

Click the blue "Enable APIs and Services" button on the dashboard, and make sure to select Maps and Places APIs and then create a API key. Can you confirm both Maps and Places services are enabled on your account?
=> https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/917979-Screen_Shot_2018_06_26_at_10.05.35_AM.png

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.