Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Maps coordinates not rendered in output

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to display Toolset map and register Google map API key.

Solution:
you must try to create new browser key and make sure that following APIs are enabled in order to make Toolset map work:
- Google Maps Geolocation API
- Google Maps JavaScript API
- Google Places API Web Service

You can find proposed solution with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/maps-coordinates-not-rendered-in-output/#post-419559

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Helmi 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hey there,

I've setup one of my first types with fields and everything went well so far. I've added a Google Maps Location address field, entered the Google Maps API key and things work when adding new posts of that type in the admin. I can use the google maps location api and get the marker on the map.

When adding that to the output now it doesn't work. I've done everything according to the docs (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/) but it looks like the lattitude and longitude fields are not populated to the output.

I've tried different settings but whatever I do I get output that seems to miss coordinates or at least it doesn't center the map where it should and doesn't populate any markers.

Here's one of the codes i tested in the Layout:

[wpv-map-render map_id='map-craft-room-location' scrollwheel='off'][wpv-map-marker map_id='map-craft-room-location' marker_id='marker-1' marker_field='wpcf-location'][/wpv-map-marker]

The map is displayed but no marker shown. The name of the location field seems to be ok though and if i select to just use the field from the field section and show the address instead it works. If i select to show the lat/lon it's also empty there.

strangely when I edit the post the lat/lon values seem to be correct from the address. What's going wrong here?

Screenshot: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Have you gone through the settings of map zoom and center?
hidden link

We have tutorial about how you can display google map:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

I hope above information will help you to resolve your issue.

Hi Minesh,

I'm sorry but have you read my question?

It would be nice if you don't just quickly answer with a standard answer for map questions. I wrote that i have read and followed the tutorial and the zoom and center should be irrelevant for us as we are only showing one position and don't want a fixed center but have it centered to this one position.

Minesh
Supporter

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sorry, but I would like to clarify things again. You said marker is not shown. "The map is displayed but no marker shown.", but I can see red market on middle of the map with the screenshot you shared with me.
Screenshot: hidden link

Could you please let me know what exactly output you are looking for. How you want to display the marker.

1)
Please share problem URL where I can see your issue in first-hand.

2)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Looks like I have accidentally marked this as resolved with the last post - it is not.

Minesh
Supporter

I've reopen the ticket as you need further assistance.

I'm again sorry as it took me bit long to understand your problem but the confusion was not due to English but I was thinking that the screenshot you shared is of frontend page that is my confusion.

However - I got access details, thank you for that and now I can see the issue and it help me to eliminate the doubts.

I created Google Map API from my side and added to your map settings page and map is working. You can check your page.

For you, you must try to create new API and make sure following APIs are enabled:
- Google Maps Geolocation API
- Google Maps JavaScript API
- Google Places API Web Service

Once above APIs enabled create a map key again and try to resolve your issue.

Could you please confirm that map is working with API key added by me to your toolset map settings page. You can remove my key and create your new key with APIs enabled as I mentioned above and try to resolve your issue.

I hope this solution will help you to resolve your issue.

Minesh
Supporter

I hope you able to create a new Google Map API key and kindly remove my key from your setup.

Thank you for understanding.

HI minesh,

thanks for helping.

This is strage as I have all those APIs activated in my account and the key that I used is key valid for *.stempelwiese.de

I can also not find any way to activate special services for special keys.

What I do see on the Google API platform is that there have been errors on the Geocoding API yesterday.

Can you give me a hint what may be missing with the API key?

Looks like I got it fixed. I tried generating a server key instead of a browser key and that seems to have fixed it. At least it works now.

Thanks for helping!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.