Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Maps 1.5 Release

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I'm having a problem with Google Maps not working anymore due to changes Google has made. In June you said you are releasing Maps 1.5 soon.

When is it going to be available? I need it urgently because my maps are broken.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

The feature scope of the Maps update was increased but is now ready to enter QA testing.

The Google API changes come into effect on July 16, and we are working hard to get 1.5 out in time for clients to update their sites and use Azure maps instead. We are targeting next Wednesday as the likely release date.

Thanks Nigel, but you have some incorrect info. The only Google change that is delayed until the 16th July is the billing issue.

The issues I'm having are technical issues relating to an outdated script. Also, we can't locked the API key to our domain.

See this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/google-maps-api-warning-retiredversion/

Is there any way you can send me an untested beta version of 1.5?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I checked with the developers, the release version (from which a beta could be produced) wouldn't be ready before sometime Monday or possibly even Tuesday, QA testing should proceed pretty quickly to go to a final release on Wednesday.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.