Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Map Question

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there,

On this page: hidden link

The is a map on the link marked on the right > Map Search

The grid is set to work by filter - Set View by Shortcode Attribute

The grid works fine however for the map, I can't get this to work on the same principle.

In the Toolset - View I have:

[wpv-map-marker map_id='holiday-map' marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]-family-1' marker_field='wpcf-address-area' cluster="on" street_view_control="on"]<a href="[wpv-post-url]">[wpv-post-featured-image]<div style = "height:5px;"></div><span class='popup-title-style'>[wpv-post-title]</span><div style = "height:2px;"></div><span class='popup-type-style'>[types field='area'][/types]</span></a>[/wpv-map-marker]

And as a shortcode in the page I have:
[wpv-map-render map_id="holiday-map" map_height="85vh" fitbounds="on" street_view_control="off" general_zoom="12" general_center_lat="52.957" general_center_lon="0.846"]

Is there a setting I'm missing to make the map work and change depending on what's displayed in the gird.

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pete,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Sorry for the delayed response as this ticket was assigned when my shift closed last friday.

For the map what exactly is the issue, i'm not sure i'm understanding it correct as your view is set to be filtered by a shortcode attribute?

Please provide a little more details for me.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Appreciate your help, whenever you have a moment 🙂 Thank you.

Ok to better illustrate, see this page with a map:
hidden link

This uses this for the desktop map:
[wpv-map-render map_id="holiday-sub-pages" map_height="92vh" fitbounds="on" street_view_control="off" general_zoom="12"][/wpv-map-render]

Works perfectly.

However this has a mobile map too, I've shown it so you can see on desktop, this MAP SEARCH to right of Filters.

No matter what I do, just like the page in question, I can't get this map to work in the same way.

I have tried two map codes in the View as two maps in one page don't work.

I can get this to work using Elementor and a popup however this is a Gutenberg page and I just can't see why it will work for one, and not the other.

Sorry Shane,

Just read something and maps don;t like carousels, apparently.

Just added long & lat to the mobile version and it works: hidden link

I think.

Hmmm, is this right...by your experience.

The maps will only work if I add long and lat co-ordinates?

It's a pain as fit bounds has to be 'off' which means the map is in a fixed position rather than moves in relation to the pins.

This page: hidden link

The slide out map has this code:
[wpv-map-render map_id="holiday-map-m" map_height="85vh" fitbounds="off" street_view_control="off" general_zoom="10" general_center_lat="52.953" general_center_lon="1.018"]

Sorry for all the messages, I was looking into this when you replied to my ticket.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pete,

Would you be able to illustrate the issue in a video. Not sure i'm understanding as from what I see the map is loading and working with all the markers.

It also works fine on mobiles, when I perform a search the map information changes when it slides out.

Thanks,
Shane

Long & lat added.png

Hi there,

Ok best way is to break it and show what I mean.

For maps, we normally we set fitbounds 'on' with no long and lat coordinates, this way the map centers on the markets shown.

Using a slide-out to display maps is proving tricky. If we use this code as suggested above...

[wpv-map-render map_id="holiday-map-m" map_height="85vh" fitbounds="off" street_view_control="off" general_zoom="10" general_center_lat="52.953" general_center_lon="1.018"]

The map works however it's set to the long and lat...this no good for larger areas. See image attached...

Now (code below) if we remove the coordinates set fitbounds 'on' (like we always do) how come it wont zoom in by default? Even though we have set it.
[wpv-map-render map_id="holiday-map-m" map_height="85vh" fitbounds="on" street_view_control="off" general_zoom="10"]

Check the map now: hidden link

If you click + and zoom in, the map is centered to the pins, like it should be. The issue is the zoom wont work.

This the issue 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pete,

Based on what you are saying if you were to remove map from the sliding sidebar it would zoom by default?

I did notice that after a search is performed the map zooms correctly. The problem seems to be that the map isn't getting refreshed correctly in the sliding sidebar.

Not much we can do on our end given the structure of the site itself as it would work fine when the map is extended when the search is performed.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.