Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Map Pins to show post title

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Created a map on my gym page, I want the map pin to show the gym name on hover

Is there any documentation that you are following? tried the support threads inserting the code into the hint field, nothing is working

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

If you check the following section - with the image, you will see a section called "Hint Content (displayed on hover)":
- https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1622939-1620853/#add-marker-pop-up-content-and-hover-hints

To that section "Hint Content (displayed on hover)" - you should try to add the [wpv-post-title] shortcode to display the title on hover.

Does that helps?

Thank you , I have managed to get the post title when using azure, not google. Is it possible to link that to the post or anchor to the listing on the page ?

Minesh
Supporter

Do you mean you want to display post title with link instead of just post title?

Minesh
Supporter

Do you mean you want to display post title with link instead of just post title?

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I think what i want to do is the following.

On my map there will be approx 50 gyms which is probably too many in a short distance. What I would like is when you hover over the map pin a little box appears with the name of that gym above the pin. When you click on that name it takes you to the page / post for that gym.

Is this possible ?

Thank you again for your help.

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that the hover part will work but when you click on the pin - it will open up the infobox and within that infobox you should add the post title with the link or "Click Here" link and when you click on that link it will redirect you on that clicked post.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.