Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Map not showing results

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user's map markers are not showing up on the map.

Solution:

In this case the user was setting up the map incorrectly.

I would recommend taking a look at the link below to see how to add the markers to the map.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there,

I have followed various instructions about adding a map to a search page.

See here: hidden link

This test page has filters, a map and 1 property. The property has a map using a custom field for its location.

I can find no way of making the map show this up.

There will be numerous properties that should all show when we add them, however I can't see why this map isn;t showing up this single property.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards, Pete

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pete,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you provide me with the login credentials for the site so that I can have a look at this one for you ?

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you for offering to look into this Shane.

Details below. These are all test pages at the moment, I'm just trying to establish how Toolset works and if it does what we need.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pete,

The issue here is that the map markers were not added to the view.
[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-3' marker_id='marker-2' marker_field='wpcf-address-area'][/wpv-map-marker]

This should now be showing the locations on the map.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Many thanks, yes I saw the update.

So that was this code:
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-3" marker_icon="//fabulouslakedistrict.flywheelsites.com/wp-content/plugins/toolset-maps/resources/images/markers/Home.png"][/wpv-map-render]

I did see mention of a map market 'somewhere however, is there documentation ref this so I can save this for future use?

Thank you, Pete

Shane
Supporter

Thanks Shane,

Yes that link makes it look pretty complicated. With what you've done and that doc I 'should' be able to replicate this again for the future.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards, Pete

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.