Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Map Market PopUp Content & Multiple Image in Content Template/Slider

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ideabatchV 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Capture.JPG

1. We let members to create post by toolset form with google map. We have done display google map with marker in content view but we would like to show google map address automatically as pop up on the google map marker when audience click on the the marker. Please let me know what should we put on the pop up content

2. We would like to create slider or show multiple image in the content view (single post) instead of changing the whole design by "toolset view". Please let know how i can be done.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

For Q1 you can use the wpv-post-field shortcode to output your address field in conjunction with the wpv-map-marker shortcode you use to add the marker.

See the example below, where my address field has a slug of 'location' and so is referred to in Views shortcodes by 'wpcf-location'.

[wpv-map-render map_id='map-2']
[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-2' marker_id='marker-4' marker_field='wpcf-location'][wpv-post-field name='wpcf-location'][/wpv-map-marker]

For Q2, I'm not sure I understand the question.

For a single post you want to show multiple images (possibly as a slider). Where are the images stored? Do your posts have an image repeating custom field?

1. How if I don't want to add additional field for location? Because members are able to put the market directly into the map, there is no point to ask them to fill in the location again.

2. The images are upload by members via toolset form. Our 1st option is to show the image as slider , however if it cannot be done, then we plan to show multiple small size images which able to enlarge (pop up). Just imagine we want our custom single post like woocommerce single product page.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hello again

As the second question is not related to the first, I need to ask you to re-post it in a new thread, sorry for the inconvenience. We try to stick to one issue per thread to help other users researching similar problems in the forums. You are welcome to assign the new thread directly to me and I will be happy to help.

Regarding the first question:

- Your users can publish a custom post via a CRED form, and that form includes an address field, yes?

Or have I misunderstood and the address comes from somewhere else?

Because if they enter an address in the form then the post that is created will have the address stored as a custom field against it, and you can use that field in your content template to display the post as I described above.

Say your CRED form includes an address field with a slug of "my-address".

Then that field is available to your content template with the shortcode [wpv-post-field name='wpcf-my-address'].

(Types custom fields are stored in the database with a prefix of 'wpcf-' and Views uses the full name including the prefix to refer to the custom field.)

If you have set things up differently than I have understood then please describe where the address for the map marker comes from. I'm using the same field name in the wpv-post-field shortcode as the wpv-map-marker shortcode.

Thanks Nigel. I have miss [wpv-post-field name='wpcf-map'] into the form therefore the address is not shown when someone click on the marker.

Here is the final & it looks great now.

[wpv-map-render map_id='map-1' scrollwheel='off'][wpv-map-marker map_id='map-1' marker_id='marker-1' marker_field='wpcf-map'][wpv-post-field name='wpcf-map'][/wpv-map-marker]

I will open another thread for the slider/multiple image issue. Thanks for rapid reply.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.