Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Map Issues Again!!!!

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

On Friday Shane kindly took the time to investigate an issue that 'seems' almost impossible to fix on a consistent, page by page basis.

All we are trying to achieve is to set a default zoom out on the maps. We thought this was sorted however it seems not!

So this page:
hidden link
Has this in view:
[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-family-1' marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_field='wpcf-address-area' fitbounds="on" cluster="on" street_view_control="off"][/wpv-map-marker]
This in map shortcode:
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-family" map_height="100vh" single_zoom="10" ][/wpv-map-render]

This page:
hidden link
Has this in view:
[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-6-1' marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_field='wpcf-address-area' fitbounds="on" cluster="on" street_view_control="off"][/wpv-map-marker]
This in map shortcode:
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-6" map_height="100vh" single_zoom="10"][/wpv-map-render]

Now one worked over the weekend. We have touched nothing however going back we can see zooming out as set as default isn't working on either page.

I would love this to be sorted once and for all....this just seems never ending!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Pete,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I'm not sure why or how this was working over the weekend and what changed meanwhile, but I'll happy to simplify this for you.

To manually control the default zoom of the map at the page: hidden link, I've made the following change in your map's related shortcode:

You had this:

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-family" map_height="100vh" single_zoom="10" ][/wpv-map-render]

I've changed it to this:

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-family" map_height="100vh" fitbounds="off" cluster="on" street_view_control="off" general_zoom="8" general_center_lat="54.34" general_center_lon="-3.023"][/wpv-map-render]

Please note, how I've included extra attributes like fitbounds="off" cluster="on" street_view_control="off" general_zoom="8" general_center_lat="54.34" general_center_lon="-3.023" and the map is now much zoomed out.

Important note: To get the lat and lon values of your desired location to center the map, you can visit the utility at hidden link, and add the area name that you'd like to center and you'll get the latitude and longitude values.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Please use the values up to two or three decimal places and you'll be fine.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

Note: My shift for today will soon finish, so if you'd like a quick reply before the start of my shift tomorrow, you can start a new ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thank you for looking into this again.

Ok, I can see what you have done...GREAT...happy to use latitude and longitude values as a base setting.

Taking your revised shortcode I have just applied this to the below page. One Elmentor it shows fine however on front end, no markers?

hidden link

Thank you Waqar,

I found what I was doing wrong, I forget about the incompatibility issue with Elementor and the shortcode, once sorted all good.

I need to replicate these pages for many new ones so hope this is good moving forward.

Thanks for helping sorting this, Pete

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.