Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Many to many mapping

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by alexandreM-8 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 17.15.03.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to show companies who participated in a specific program on program pages and vice versa. I linked up on many to many relationship but when I try to pull company data from program view, the company title, etc is not showing up on single field.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've read pretty much everything. Read everything inside of this tutorial https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/
also watched many videos but they're outdated (don't see View editor on my plugin, for example)
hidden link

Is there a similar example that we can see?
N/A

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand, you have many to many post-relationship created between post type A and post type B.

And on post type A single post - you want to display the related posts of post type B.
And on post type B single post - you want to display the related posts of post type A.

If the above information is correct, you will require to create a view to display the related post for many-to-many relationship.

Please check the table given with the following Doc where check the information about 'Displaying an album' and "Displaying a song":
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-set-up-post-relationships-using-toolset/#relationship-fields-in-many-to-many-relations

Please check the following Doc that will help you to understand, how you can display the related post:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/#displaying-many-related-items

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hello, is it possible to create many to many only using one post type?

let's say I have post type named 'Course'. I want to create relationship between this Course called `Related course`. So when I related Course A to Course B in Course A edit, I should see Course B related to Course A in Course B edit as well.

Is this possible?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.