Skip Navigation

[Resolved] managing attributes for multi categories ecommerce

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author
Screenshot_1.png

I am trying to: create marketplace using dokan + woocommerce with multiple categories
how do i set attributes from for each different categories and then can be filtered.

i plan to use toolset CRED to add custom fields for vendor to select the attributes value

so each category have different attributes.

thanks for help

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jeffery,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

From your post I gather that you want to display certain fields based on what the user selects from the categories correct?

So lets say a user is filling out the product information in CRED and they select Category A, there should be a field that appears for them to select items that are related to category A correct?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes correct something like that

How can this be achieved?

Thanks

let say i build a marketplace for pc and phones, and there's user wants to sell on web so he register as vendor:
1. user signup as vendor
2. as vendor this user want's to sell item
3. when vendor add new product they have to select product category
4. after selecting certain product category there will be sets of attributes load for them to select/choose. because attributes for pc and phones are different, so admin must set from backend set's of attributes for each category first.

as buyer:
this attributes will be use also for filter, so as a buyer when i enter certain product category page, that set's of attributes that vendor's add to their product will autoload as certain product category filter widget (woocommerced layerd nav widget)

thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jeffrey,

Take a look at this link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/types-custom-fields-conditional-display/

The conditions set here should also carry over to CRED so any additional steps shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks,
Shane

so we don't use woocommerce attributes instead we use toolset do create product attributes?

Hi, Shane is out today but will return tomorrow with an update for you. Thanks for your patience.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jeffrey,

The woocommerce attributes can't be added to a CRED form because CRED isn't meant to create Products and the Product attributes are highly customised custom fields so a different set of custom fields will work well.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.