Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Making Image Gallery display with Light Box

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello,
This is an extension of a previous resolved support ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/create-custom-field-that-renders-as-an-image-slider-with-maximum-of-12-pictures/

I was able to follow the tutorial and successfully achieved all results required except the Lightbox Effect.
Currently there's plenty of plugins on my site already so I would like to integrate the Lightbox Effect with the "Shortcodes Ultimate" Plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/

This plugin also provides a Short-Code to achieve the light box effect:

[su_lightbox type="iframe" src="" class=""]
[/su_lightbox]

My current code in my View Template looks like this:

<H3>Pictures:</H3>
[wpv-for-each field="wpcf-slider"]
<a href="[types field='slider' size='full' url='true' separator=','][/types]">[types field='slider' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' width='270' height='160' align='none' resize='crop' separator=', '][/types]</a>
[/wpv-for-each]

Could you please help me figure out how can I make this two pieces of code work together?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, almost all done, except Last Step (light-box) :
https://toolset.com/2017/10/adding-a-gallery-of-images-for-custom-posts/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, The slider under the video here:
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Dear theW,

It is a compatibility problem with "Shortcodes Ultimate" Plugin, I am not familiar with it, could you describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, how do you setup the shortcode [su_lightbox], what is the expected result? is there any demo for it? I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

1 Field.png
2 Template.png
3 Values.png
4 Output.png

Thank you for your Reply Luo,

I haven't gotten any errors nor thought that they wouldn't be compatible. I'm just not a programer but I try.
Please see the 4 screenshots attached.

Screen Shot #1
Using Types, I added a Field Group and a new Custom Field (image) called "slider".
Ideally, I wanted it to be a slider, just like the sample right here:
hidden link (The slider under the video.)
But I'm satisfy enough with the current gallery like rendering.

Screen Shot #2
Using Views, I added the Image Short Code to my regular WP Posts Template.
This is the code:

<a href="[types field='slider' size='full' url='true' separator=','][/types]">[types field='slider' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' width='270' height='160' align='none' resize='crop' separator=', '][/types]</a>
[/wpv-for-each]

(The field above (slider) is a simple image field that is repeatable)

Here is where I need your help.
The "Shorcodes Ultimate" plugin gives the Short Code bellow:

// (I know this second short code has to wrap the first code above some how)
[/su_lightbox]

Screen Shot #3
You can see that image values are entered in the post editor.

Screen Shot #4
The output it's a nice and even image gallery, but when as image gets clicked there is no Lightbox effect.

I guess my question is, where do I insert? :

[/su_lightbox]

BELLOW? :

[/wpv-for-each]

Thanks for the details, I am trying to duplicate same problem, will feedback if there is anything found

Here is what I found, you can put the Types shortcode [types] into attribute "src" of shortcode [su_lightbox], for example:

<h3>Pictures:</h3>
[su_lightbox type="iframe" src="[types field='slider' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='full' align='none' ][/types]"] Open lightbox with web page [/su_lightbox]
[/wpv-for-each]

The su_lightbox shortcode is a shortcode of "shortcodes-ultimate" plugin, which is out the range of Toolset support, I suggest you follow their document to setup the shortcode [su_lightbox]
hidden link

You can also ask help from the author of "shortcodes-ultimate" plugin:
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/shortcodes-ultimate

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 9.43.23 AM.png

Thank you so much for that piece of Code Luo.
I Copied and pasted to my Views Template.
Please see the results in the screenshot attached.

As I mentioned above, you will need to follow their document to setup the shortcode [su_lightbox], for example you can use shortcode [su_lightbox] to wrap the Types image shortcode [types], like this:

<h3>Pictures:</h3>
[su_lightbox type="iframe" src="[types field='slider' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='full' align='none' ][/types]"] [types field='slider' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' width='270' height='160' align='none' resize='crop' ][/types] [/su_lightbox]
[/wpv-for-each]
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.