Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Make a single field into a link

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,
I'm using elementor to build custom templates for my listings. I want to show a phone number, website and email for each listing.
I can easily get the website to be a link since it is set as an URL field, but I can't figure out how to make the phone number and email address also into a clickable link.

Any suggestion on how to do this? I don't want to use a Toolset view, but the elementor template.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To show Toolset Types' custom fields as links in the Elementor templates, you can use Toolset Types Fields shortcodes:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions

For example, if you have a Phone type custom field with slug "phone-number", its link with the Types field shortcode would look like this:

<a href="tel:[types field='phone-number' output='raw'][/types]">[types field='phone-number' output='raw'][/types]</a>

And, for an Email type custom field with slug "email-address", the link with the Types field shortcode would be:

[types field='email-address' title='Send an email'][/types]

Note: You can place this code, in any Elementor widget that supports HTML and shortcodes.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you, this helps a lot with regards to the phone number.
I have a follow up question about the same type of problem.
On each of my profiles page I'd like to add a contact form that sends an email to the owner of the profile. Is this possible using toolset forms or do you recommend a plugin and then try to code in the shortcode in the plugins html code?

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-contact-form-that-sends-an-email-to-the-owner-of-the-profile/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that my message helped.

I've split a new ticket for your question about the contact form and will follow up on it separately.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-contact-form-that-sends-an-email-to-the-owner-of-the-profile/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.