Skip Navigation

[Closed] Major issue with New Toolset Views

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 39 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I have just gone through older post and found the point in time where our issue shows a major increase in render times. The problem begins around post id 40313 (May 5, 2017) and post id 40626 (May 7, 2017).

This should give you a better path to follow.

Ignore my last post.

Thank you for mentioning about migrations from older types versions, as I think you are correct, that this may be causing the inefficiencies.

I have found two posts that are almost identical in item counts, 46 to 48, but one loads in half the time. What are your load times ? The slower one is a more recent post and the faster one was posted almost 4 years ago. So something has changed since then to slow things down, and is still causing new posts to be slow.

So we now have something to compare to, which should help to identify a problem. Take a look at the two posts and find out what the difference is, and we are well on are way to solving this issue.

hidden link
hidden link

Thanks again.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The lead developer is working through your site so I'll relay those details to him so that he can look specifically at that, thanks.

Nigel,

I have not heard back from Juan in a few weeks. Is he making any progress on solving the last two issues that I found that will fix views render times ?

1 - Views Templates - introduced around the time of the last database migration, which has doubled the render time on my views that use templates.

2 - Old vs New Relationships - Original (legacy) relationships load about 3 times faster then their migrated versions in views. (this is a much older issue)

Solving these two issues should bring all my views to around 6sec or better.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jane

I checked in with the lead developer Juan, and he says that he has been involved in an email dialog with you, where you have been sharing your findings.

Having prompted him now he says there are a few loose ends to tie up communicating with you and he will get back to you.

There is nothing for me to add, though. Let me set this as awaiting your feedback, and you can ignore this until you get a message that it will be closed if you don't reply, just to keep this channel of communication open until you and Juan are finished in your email exchanges.

Still patiently waiting for a reply or feedback.

Nigel
Supporter

I followed up with Juan to remind him about the email. I'm off for a few days now so I'm going to mark this as awaiting feedback, and if you get anywhere (or not and the robot says it will close the ticket) let me know.

It's hard to work with someone to resolve issues if they never reply.......

I can give him more info if he needs it.

Thanks, Nigel

Nigel, is any progress being made on fixing the load times ?

Nigel
Supporter

I've pinged Juan again, now that we are closing this dev cycle he should be able to respond to you soon to hopefully wrap this up.

If you don't hear from him in the next few days, please let me know.

The topic ‘[Closed] Major issue with New Toolset Views’ is closed to new replies.